Columbus Short Denies He Was Involved in Fight Prior to Texas Arrest
Columbus Short addressed his recent arrest in Texas and other personal problems in a new interview with Access Hollywood, denying earlier reports that he was involved in a fight at an eatery during the Fourth of July celebration. Speaking to Billy Bush on Monday, July 7, the former "Scandal" actor offered his side of the story regarding the incident.
"There was no fight. I was involved in no fight," he started explaining. "I was with a group of people that were eating, I went to the bathroom, I came back and there was an altercation ensuing when I came back. And me being [like] 'Whoa, let's break it up,' it was a misunderstanding and I guess the cops thought I was someone involved in the situation. And then they grabbed me up, and by the time I was on the ground... I apologized to the officers later, [but] I said some pretty choice words [when] I was already in cuffs."
Short added that he just had a bad night back then. "But you know, by the end of it all, it all went away. It's over, we're moving forward and upward. One of those bad nights, it sucks," he said.
A previous report about the incident at the Katy Trail Ice House in Dallas, Texas suggested that Short tried to leave the establishment without paying after partying for a few hours. He then was said getting involved in a scuffle with a security guard who tried to stop him from leaving. The 31-year-old actor later was arrested for public intoxication.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test