Columbus Short Denies He Was Involved in Fight Prior to Texas Arrest
Columbus Short addressed his recent arrest in Texas and other personal problems in a new interview with Access Hollywood, denying earlier reports that he was involved in a fight at an eatery during the Fourth of July celebration. Speaking to Billy Bush on Monday, July 7, the former "Scandal" actor offered his side of the story regarding the incident.
"There was no fight. I was involved in no fight," he started explaining. "I was with a group of people that were eating, I went to the bathroom, I came back and there was an altercation ensuing when I came back. And me being [like] 'Whoa, let's break it up,' it was a misunderstanding and I guess the cops thought I was someone involved in the situation. And then they grabbed me up, and by the time I was on the ground... I apologized to the officers later, [but] I said some pretty choice words [when] I was already in cuffs."
Short added that he just had a bad night back then. "But you know, by the end of it all, it all went away. It's over, we're moving forward and upward. One of those bad nights, it sucks," he said.
A previous report about the incident at the Katy Trail Ice House in Dallas, Texas suggested that Short tried to leave the establishment without paying after partying for a few hours. He then was said getting involved in a scuffle with a security guard who tried to stop him from leaving. The 31-year-old actor later was arrested for public intoxication.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016