Columbus Short Denies He Was Involved in Fight Prior to Texas Arrest
Columbus Short addressed his recent arrest in Texas and other personal problems in a new interview with Access Hollywood, denying earlier reports that he was involved in a fight at an eatery during the Fourth of July celebration. Speaking to Billy Bush on Monday, July 7, the former "Scandal" actor offered his side of the story regarding the incident.
"There was no fight. I was involved in no fight," he started explaining. "I was with a group of people that were eating, I went to the bathroom, I came back and there was an altercation ensuing when I came back. And me being [like] 'Whoa, let's break it up,' it was a misunderstanding and I guess the cops thought I was someone involved in the situation. And then they grabbed me up, and by the time I was on the ground... I apologized to the officers later, [but] I said some pretty choice words [when] I was already in cuffs."
Short added that he just had a bad night back then. "But you know, by the end of it all, it all went away. It's over, we're moving forward and upward. One of those bad nights, it sucks," he said.
A previous report about the incident at the Katy Trail Ice House in Dallas, Texas suggested that Short tried to leave the establishment without paying after partying for a few hours. He then was said getting involved in a scuffle with a security guard who tried to stop him from leaving. The 31-year-old actor later was arrested for public intoxication.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics