Report: Kanye West Debuts 20 New Songs at London Club
Following his two-night headlining set at Wireless Festival, Kanye West took over a private club in London last weekend and treated listeners with a bunch of brand new tracks. Those who attended the event weren't allowed to take photos and videos, but some details about those tracks leaked on social media.
Fans, who got to listen to the new songs, revealed on Twitter that West was joined by pal Virgil Abloh as he got behind the DJ booth and played 20 never-before-heard tracks. "YAE AND VIRGIL PRIVATE SET LASTNIGHT. NEW YEEZY JOINTS SOUNDING CRAZY," a fan shared his excitement on Twitter.
The fan named Brandon Sales managed to take one picture of Ye and he later uploaded it to Instagram. "He played about 20 new tracks. All hard! We reckon its research for his new album," tweeted another fan named Jason Powell, who later described the songs as "dark," "hellish" and "groundshaking."
West's set lasted over three hours. The rapper has yet to confirm whether or not the tracks will appear in his new album, which will serve as the follow-up to his 2013 chart-topping LP "Yeezus". The new full-length is currently in the works, and is expected to be released later this year.
More Kanye West News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers