'Guardians of the Galaxy' Extended Trailer Shows Michael Rooker as Yondu
Some new footage is added to a new extended trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy". It gives a first look at Michael Rooker as Yondu and teases the banter between Chris Pratt's Star-Lord and Bradley Cooper's Rocket Raccoon. Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Vin Diesel as Groot, and Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser are featured in it as well.
The James Gunn-directed film will not arrive in the U.S. until August 1, but the 17-minute scene from the movie was already previewed. [SPOILER ALERT!] According to a description from Comic Book Movie, it starts with the Guardians landing in a jail called The Kyln. Raccoon and Groot are bounty hunters who were after the bounty on Star-Lord.
Drax recognizes Gamora and her connection to Ronan and makes a deal with Star-Lord to be kept close to Gamora until he leads her to Ronan. The Guardians don't remain in prison for long, thanks to the technological savy of Rocket. He's able to quickly survey surrounding materials and equipment and engineer an escape plan for the Guardians.
The site also notes that Star-Lord seems to be out of his depth but somehow always manages to escape harm, Groot says "I am Groot" a lot, Drax always takes everything quite literally and doesn't understand the concept of metaphors and humor, while Gamora is on a mission to retrieve an Infinity Gem for Thanos but she plans to deliver it for a third party.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?