Brandon Routh Cast as The Atom on 'Arrow'
Brandon Routh is set to play a main recurring role on "Arrow" which will make a return for the third season later this year. The actor, who played Clark Kent/Superman in Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns", will join other cast members as Ray Palmer or The Atom.
Palmer is described as a scientist and inventor who will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak as the new owner of Queen Consolidated. In the comics, the DC superhero is able to alter his body into varying size including subatomic size. According to Deadline, the deal is for 14 episodes and that Palmer will be Felicity's love interest.
Following the announcement, Routh expressed his excitement by sharing articles about the news to his Twitter followers. In response to Colton Haynes' welcoming tweet, the actor whose credits include "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" and "Chuck" among others wrote, "Thank you! Excited to join the team! #Arrow #TheAtom."
Earlier this month, model/actress Devon Aoki was announced to play sword-wielding Tatsu Yamashiro or Katana. The character was described as a Japanese martial arts expert who is the wife of Oliver's Hong Kong-based teacher Toshi. "Arrow" is set to return on October 8 on The CW.
More Arrow News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media