Brandon Routh Cast as The Atom on 'Arrow'
Brandon Routh is set to play a main recurring role on "Arrow" which will make a return for the third season later this year. The actor, who played Clark Kent/Superman in Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns", will join other cast members as Ray Palmer or The Atom.
Palmer is described as a scientist and inventor who will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak as the new owner of Queen Consolidated. In the comics, the DC superhero is able to alter his body into varying size including subatomic size. According to Deadline, the deal is for 14 episodes and that Palmer will be Felicity's love interest.
Following the announcement, Routh expressed his excitement by sharing articles about the news to his Twitter followers. In response to Colton Haynes' welcoming tweet, the actor whose credits include "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" and "Chuck" among others wrote, "Thank you! Excited to join the team! #Arrow #TheAtom."
Earlier this month, model/actress Devon Aoki was announced to play sword-wielding Tatsu Yamashiro or Katana. The character was described as a Japanese martial arts expert who is the wife of Oliver's Hong Kong-based teacher Toshi. "Arrow" is set to return on October 8 on The CW.
More Arrow News
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber