Brandon Routh Cast as The Atom on 'Arrow'
Brandon Routh is set to play a main recurring role on "Arrow" which will make a return for the third season later this year. The actor, who played Clark Kent/Superman in Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns", will join other cast members as Ray Palmer or The Atom.
Palmer is described as a scientist and inventor who will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak as the new owner of Queen Consolidated. In the comics, the DC superhero is able to alter his body into varying size including subatomic size. According to Deadline, the deal is for 14 episodes and that Palmer will be Felicity's love interest.
Following the announcement, Routh expressed his excitement by sharing articles about the news to his Twitter followers. In response to Colton Haynes' welcoming tweet, the actor whose credits include "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" and "Chuck" among others wrote, "Thank you! Excited to join the team! #Arrow #TheAtom."
Earlier this month, model/actress Devon Aoki was announced to play sword-wielding Tatsu Yamashiro or Katana. The character was described as a Japanese martial arts expert who is the wife of Oliver's Hong Kong-based teacher Toshi. "Arrow" is set to return on October 8 on The CW.
More Arrow News
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies