Brandon Routh Cast as The Atom on 'Arrow'
Brandon Routh is set to play a main recurring role on "Arrow" which will make a return for the third season later this year. The actor, who played Clark Kent/Superman in Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns", will join other cast members as Ray Palmer or The Atom.
Palmer is described as a scientist and inventor who will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak as the new owner of Queen Consolidated. In the comics, the DC superhero is able to alter his body into varying size including subatomic size. According to Deadline, the deal is for 14 episodes and that Palmer will be Felicity's love interest.
Following the announcement, Routh expressed his excitement by sharing articles about the news to his Twitter followers. In response to Colton Haynes' welcoming tweet, the actor whose credits include "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" and "Chuck" among others wrote, "Thank you! Excited to join the team! #Arrow #TheAtom."
Earlier this month, model/actress Devon Aoki was announced to play sword-wielding Tatsu Yamashiro or Katana. The character was described as a Japanese martial arts expert who is the wife of Oliver's Hong Kong-based teacher Toshi. "Arrow" is set to return on October 8 on The CW.
More Arrow News
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester