Solange Knowles Comments on 'That Thing' With Jay-Z in Magazine Interview
Solange Knowles downplays her infamous elevator fight with Jay-Z in a new magazine interview. In a piece published in August issue of Lucky magazine, the rapper's sister-in-law says that she and her family have great relationship despite the emergence of the video of the elevator attack two months ago.
Referring to the elevator incident at the Standard Hotel in New York City as "that thing," Solange says, "What's important is that my family and I are all good. What we had to say collectively was in the statement that we put out, and we all feel at peace with that."
TMZ previously posted a video of Solange and Jay-Z's fight which took place around the 2014 MET Gala in May. Back then, a bodyguard had to restrain Solange to prevent her from attacking Jay-Z. The family then released a joint statement in which they said, "We love each other and, above all, we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."
In the interview, Solange additionally shares some words about her sister Beyonce Knowles, saying that their parents taught them to keep working hard and supporting each other. "We've always held each other down no matter what," she says. "That's something I'm drilling into [my son] Julez now."
"I think about all of those phases that I went through, and the ridicule and whatever that I experienced. And I can't think of one time where I ever felt like I was going to break. That's because I had confidence instilled in me by my parents. They didn't always like it - in fact, most of the time they didn't - but they never asked me to change," she continues.
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'