Solange Knowles Comments on 'That Thing' With Jay-Z in Magazine Interview
Solange Knowles downplays her infamous elevator fight with Jay-Z in a new magazine interview. In a piece published in August issue of Lucky magazine, the rapper's sister-in-law says that she and her family have great relationship despite the emergence of the video of the elevator attack two months ago.
Referring to the elevator incident at the Standard Hotel in New York City as "that thing," Solange says, "What's important is that my family and I are all good. What we had to say collectively was in the statement that we put out, and we all feel at peace with that."
TMZ previously posted a video of Solange and Jay-Z's fight which took place around the 2014 MET Gala in May. Back then, a bodyguard had to restrain Solange to prevent her from attacking Jay-Z. The family then released a joint statement in which they said, "We love each other and, above all, we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."
In the interview, Solange additionally shares some words about her sister Beyonce Knowles, saying that their parents taught them to keep working hard and supporting each other. "We've always held each other down no matter what," she says. "That's something I'm drilling into [my son] Julez now."
"I think about all of those phases that I went through, and the ridicule and whatever that I experienced. And I can't think of one time where I ever felt like I was going to break. That's because I had confidence instilled in me by my parents. They didn't always like it - in fact, most of the time they didn't - but they never asked me to change," she continues.
More Solange Knowles News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart