Miley Cyrus' NBC 'Bangerz' Special Premiered to Low Ratings
Watching Miley Cyrus shaking her booties was not TV viewers' choice on Sunday, July 6 night. NBC's two-hour "Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" received a weak rating of 2 million viewers overall and a rating of 0.7 among the coveted 18-49 demographic.
The special, which was late-announced, featured Cyrus performing hits like "Wrecking Ball", "We Can't Stop" and "Party in the U.S.A." during her shows in Barcelona, Spain and Lisbon. It also has some backstage footage.
Although other networks aired mostly repeats, the special failed to win the night. ABC won the 9 P.M. hour with "Rising Star". The reality singing contest has been steady in its ratings for weeks, taking in 4.3 million viewers and scoring 1.2 in the 18-49 rating on Sunday.
CBS aired "Reckless" and "Unforgettable" from 9 to 11 P.M. while FOX aired reruns of its "Family Guy" and "American Dad!" episodes. "Family Guy" in particular earned 2.5 million viewers and a 1.2 in the 18-49 demographic.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed