Miley Cyrus' NBC 'Bangerz' Special Premiered to Low Ratings
Watching Miley Cyrus shaking her booties was not TV viewers' choice on Sunday, July 6 night. NBC's two-hour "Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" received a weak rating of 2 million viewers overall and a rating of 0.7 among the coveted 18-49 demographic.
The special, which was late-announced, featured Cyrus performing hits like "Wrecking Ball", "We Can't Stop" and "Party in the U.S.A." during her shows in Barcelona, Spain and Lisbon. It also has some backstage footage.
Although other networks aired mostly repeats, the special failed to win the night. ABC won the 9 P.M. hour with "Rising Star". The reality singing contest has been steady in its ratings for weeks, taking in 4.3 million viewers and scoring 1.2 in the 18-49 rating on Sunday.
CBS aired "Reckless" and "Unforgettable" from 9 to 11 P.M. while FOX aired reruns of its "Family Guy" and "American Dad!" episodes. "Family Guy" in particular earned 2.5 million viewers and a 1.2 in the 18-49 demographic.
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna