Miley Cyrus' NBC 'Bangerz' Special Premiered to Low Ratings
Watching Miley Cyrus shaking her booties was not TV viewers' choice on Sunday, July 6 night. NBC's two-hour "Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" received a weak rating of 2 million viewers overall and a rating of 0.7 among the coveted 18-49 demographic.
The special, which was late-announced, featured Cyrus performing hits like "Wrecking Ball", "We Can't Stop" and "Party in the U.S.A." during her shows in Barcelona, Spain and Lisbon. It also has some backstage footage.
Although other networks aired mostly repeats, the special failed to win the night. ABC won the 9 P.M. hour with "Rising Star". The reality singing contest has been steady in its ratings for weeks, taking in 4.3 million viewers and scoring 1.2 in the 18-49 rating on Sunday.
CBS aired "Reckless" and "Unforgettable" from 9 to 11 P.M. while FOX aired reruns of its "Family Guy" and "American Dad!" episodes. "Family Guy" in particular earned 2.5 million viewers and a 1.2 in the 18-49 demographic.
More Miley Cyrus News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video