Miley Cyrus' NBC 'Bangerz' Special Premiered to Low Ratings
Watching Miley Cyrus shaking her booties was not TV viewers' choice on Sunday, July 6 night. NBC's two-hour "Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" received a weak rating of 2 million viewers overall and a rating of 0.7 among the coveted 18-49 demographic.
The special, which was late-announced, featured Cyrus performing hits like "Wrecking Ball", "We Can't Stop" and "Party in the U.S.A." during her shows in Barcelona, Spain and Lisbon. It also has some backstage footage.
Although other networks aired mostly repeats, the special failed to win the night. ABC won the 9 P.M. hour with "Rising Star". The reality singing contest has been steady in its ratings for weeks, taking in 4.3 million viewers and scoring 1.2 in the 18-49 rating on Sunday.
CBS aired "Reckless" and "Unforgettable" from 9 to 11 P.M. while FOX aired reruns of its "Family Guy" and "American Dad!" episodes. "Family Guy" in particular earned 2.5 million viewers and a 1.2 in the 18-49 demographic.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos