Miley Cyrus' NBC 'Bangerz' Special Premiered to Low Ratings
Watching Miley Cyrus shaking her booties was not TV viewers' choice on Sunday, July 6 night. NBC's two-hour "Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour" received a weak rating of 2 million viewers overall and a rating of 0.7 among the coveted 18-49 demographic.
The special, which was late-announced, featured Cyrus performing hits like "Wrecking Ball", "We Can't Stop" and "Party in the U.S.A." during her shows in Barcelona, Spain and Lisbon. It also has some backstage footage.
Although other networks aired mostly repeats, the special failed to win the night. ABC won the 9 P.M. hour with "Rising Star". The reality singing contest has been steady in its ratings for weeks, taking in 4.3 million viewers and scoring 1.2 in the 18-49 rating on Sunday.
CBS aired "Reckless" and "Unforgettable" from 9 to 11 P.M. while FOX aired reruns of its "Family Guy" and "American Dad!" episodes. "Family Guy" in particular earned 2.5 million viewers and a 1.2 in the 18-49 demographic.
More Miley Cyrus News
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two