Sarah Palin Is Back for 'Amazing America' Season 2, Wants to Join 'The View'
Sportsman Channel has renewed "Amazing America with Sarah Palin" for a second season. "We're working on stories about people that go above and beyond to help others, really inspirational stuff that will encourage the entire nation," the 50-year-old politician/author said in a statement on Monday, July 7 as the network announced the pickup.
Marc Fein, executive vp of programming and production on Sportsman Channel, said, "Sportsman Channel has experienced tremendous growth this year and Sarah Palin's involvement has proved to be a tremendous boon for our network and programming initiatives."
The travel anthology series, which follows the former vice presidential candidate interviewing interesting - and sometimes inspiring - people connected to America's outdoors lifestyle, helped deliver "triple-digit" ratings for the network in its first season.
Apparently not content with just one existing show, Palin has seemingly pitched herself for "The View" which will soon bid farewell to Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd. Expressing her interest in doing a political talk show, she told The Hollywood Reporter, "But the politics would have to be interspersed with a whole lot of fun and real life and inspiration showcasing American work ethic, because those topics are all pretty much the antithesis of today's politics, which I find incorrigibly disastrous!"
"It'd be so much fun to shake it up taking on issues that make audiences objectively consider all sides, and I'd do it with my own real-life groundedness, candor and commonsense that I'm known for. Media needs that today, versus the condescension that oozes from TV and radio," she continued.
"I hear everyone recently got canned from 'The View', maybe a show like that needs a punch of reality and a voice of reason from America's heartland to knock some humble sense into their scripts. You know, someone willing to go rogue."
Following Barbara Walters' retirement in May and McCarthy and Shepherd's impending departures, Whoopi Goldberg will be the only remaining host on the show. Mario Cantone and Rosie O'Donnell have been rumored as candidates to fill the vacant positions.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame