WB and New Line Reveal 'The Conjuring' Spin-Off Title and Release Date
Spin-off to "The Conjuring" will be called "Annabelle", Warner Bros and New Line have confirmed. The demonic doll that appeared in supporting role in the 2013 horror blockbuster gets its own movie later this year.
"Annabelle" will open in theaters October 3 against Ben Affleck's drama thriller "Gone Girl" and Warner's drama "The Good Lie". The official story plot is still kept under wrap. In "The Conjuring", Annabelle was part of a collection of demonic objects owned by paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren.
Per ScreenRant, story revolves around Annabelle Wallis' character Donna who is the owner and one of the victims of the Annabelle doll. The Warrens said Donna inherited Annabelle from her mother and brought the doll with her to college. Donna and her roommate Angie soon began to find that the doll would move itself around the apartment, and later the paranormal manifestations escalated as they found notes with pleas for help around their apartment and one day found that Annabelle seemed to be oozing blood.
The two students called in a medium to help them, who told them that their apartment complex had been built on the site of a field where a girl called Annabelle had been found dead. The well-meaning but naive pair decided that the best thing to do would be to invite the spirit to live inside the doll. Later, Donna's friend Lou found himself plagued by nightmares about the doll and one day found strange claw marks on his chest, as though something had attacked him. Soon after, the friends began to suspect that it wasn't a nice little ghost girl they'd invited into the doll at all.
Beside Wallis, Ward Horton, Eric Ladin, Brian Howe and Alfre Woodward have been cast in the movie directed by "Conjuring" cinematographer John Leonetti. Script is provided by Gary Dauberman.
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World