WB and New Line Reveal 'The Conjuring' Spin-Off Title and Release Date
Spin-off to "The Conjuring" will be called "Annabelle", Warner Bros and New Line have confirmed. The demonic doll that appeared in supporting role in the 2013 horror blockbuster gets its own movie later this year.
"Annabelle" will open in theaters October 3 against Ben Affleck's drama thriller "Gone Girl" and Warner's drama "The Good Lie". The official story plot is still kept under wrap. In "The Conjuring", Annabelle was part of a collection of demonic objects owned by paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren.
Per ScreenRant, story revolves around Annabelle Wallis' character Donna who is the owner and one of the victims of the Annabelle doll. The Warrens said Donna inherited Annabelle from her mother and brought the doll with her to college. Donna and her roommate Angie soon began to find that the doll would move itself around the apartment, and later the paranormal manifestations escalated as they found notes with pleas for help around their apartment and one day found that Annabelle seemed to be oozing blood.
The two students called in a medium to help them, who told them that their apartment complex had been built on the site of a field where a girl called Annabelle had been found dead. The well-meaning but naive pair decided that the best thing to do would be to invite the spirit to live inside the doll. Later, Donna's friend Lou found himself plagued by nightmares about the doll and one day found strange claw marks on his chest, as though something had attacked him. Soon after, the friends began to suspect that it wasn't a nice little ghost girl they'd invited into the doll at all.
Beside Wallis, Ward Horton, Eric Ladin, Brian Howe and Alfre Woodward have been cast in the movie directed by "Conjuring" cinematographer John Leonetti. Script is provided by Gary Dauberman.
- New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Includes First Look at 'The Punisher'
- Kanye West Plans to Respond to Jay-Z's Diss on '4:44' on New Album
- Jigsaw Is Back to Claim New Victims in Gruesome First Trailer
- 'The Affair': Ruth Wilson's Body Double Sues Showtime After Fired for Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Tyga Says He Warned Rob Kardashian About Blac Chyna's Game
- Lily Collins Locks Lips With High School Classmate During Romantic Italy Vacation
- 'Game of Thrones' Creators Defend 'Confederate' After Backlash Over Slavery Theme
- Kim Kardashian Is Basically Topless in Her Ripped Netted Outfit