Flavor Flav Cited by Police Following Firework Show
Rapper Flavor Flav, whose real name is William Drayton, has received citations after he set off illegal fireworks at his house in Las Vegas. As reported by Las Vegas Review Journal, a neighbor said that Flav had three or four pallets of fireworks stacked 4 feet high to celebrate the Independence Day. According to the neighbor, Flav set off most of them at once in hopes that police wouldn't become involved.
Officers went to Flav's house at around 8 P.M. following reports from his neighbors. Lt. Ken Romaine said that Flav was slapped with two fireworks-related citations. The police also confiscated more than 100 pounds of the remaining fireworks. A special unit reportedly was needed to dispose the amount of explosive.
Finisterre Homeowners Association board member Harold Ewing said that Flav's neighbors were afraid to leave their homes during the holiday because they were afraid their properties would catch fire. Flav, however, has assured them that he would move his firework show somewhere else next year. "I don't want to go to jail for fireworks," he told the news outlet.
The rapper additionally said that about 110 people attended his recent firework show, telling him that it was one of their best 4th of July celebrations they had ever had. "We all had a ball until the police came," he continued. "It isn't like I do this every day."
Flav has been setting off fireworks as a part of his 4th of July celebration since 2009. His firework session last year was ruined after the police noticed the report on TMZ and threatened to put him in jail.
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight