Flavor Flav Cited by Police Following Firework Show
Rapper Flavor Flav, whose real name is William Drayton, has received citations after he set off illegal fireworks at his house in Las Vegas. As reported by Las Vegas Review Journal, a neighbor said that Flav had three or four pallets of fireworks stacked 4 feet high to celebrate the Independence Day. According to the neighbor, Flav set off most of them at once in hopes that police wouldn't become involved.
Officers went to Flav's house at around 8 P.M. following reports from his neighbors. Lt. Ken Romaine said that Flav was slapped with two fireworks-related citations. The police also confiscated more than 100 pounds of the remaining fireworks. A special unit reportedly was needed to dispose the amount of explosive.
Finisterre Homeowners Association board member Harold Ewing said that Flav's neighbors were afraid to leave their homes during the holiday because they were afraid their properties would catch fire. Flav, however, has assured them that he would move his firework show somewhere else next year. "I don't want to go to jail for fireworks," he told the news outlet.
The rapper additionally said that about 110 people attended his recent firework show, telling him that it was one of their best 4th of July celebrations they had ever had. "We all had a ball until the police came," he continued. "It isn't like I do this every day."
Flav has been setting off fireworks as a part of his 4th of July celebration since 2009. His firework session last year was ruined after the police noticed the report on TMZ and threatened to put him in jail.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs