Paul Apted, Son of Director Michael Apted, Dies at 47
Paul Apted, a sound editor who was also the son of British director Michael Apted, passed away on Friday, July 4. He was 47. According to his family, Apted suffered from colon cancer prior to his death in Los Angeles.
A native of Manchester, England, Apted worked for two decades in entertainment industry. His credits included Bruce Willis' "A Good Day to Die Hard", "The Wolverine", "Prisoners", "The Book Thief" and "The Fault in Our Stars".
His father, meanwhile, is popular for directing projects such as Pierce Brosnan's James Bond movie "The World Is Not Enough", Gerard Butler's "Chasing Mavericks" and Showtime's series "Masters of Sex". The father and son previously collaborated in three flicks, "Nell", "Extreme Measures" and "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader".
In addition to his father, Apted is survived by his mother, wife, two children and three siblings. A memorial is scheduled for July 13 at Mount Sinai Hollywood Hills, while the funeral will take place in the U.K.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair