Paul Apted, Son of Director Michael Apted, Dies at 47
Paul Apted, a sound editor who was also the son of British director Michael Apted, passed away on Friday, July 4. He was 47. According to his family, Apted suffered from colon cancer prior to his death in Los Angeles.
A native of Manchester, England, Apted worked for two decades in entertainment industry. His credits included Bruce Willis' "A Good Day to Die Hard", "The Wolverine", "Prisoners", "The Book Thief" and "The Fault in Our Stars".
His father, meanwhile, is popular for directing projects such as Pierce Brosnan's James Bond movie "The World Is Not Enough", Gerard Butler's "Chasing Mavericks" and Showtime's series "Masters of Sex". The father and son previously collaborated in three flicks, "Nell", "Extreme Measures" and "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader".
In addition to his father, Apted is survived by his mother, wife, two children and three siblings. A memorial is scheduled for July 13 at Mount Sinai Hollywood Hills, while the funeral will take place in the U.K.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic