Paul Apted, Son of Director Michael Apted, Dies at 47
Paul Apted, a sound editor who was also the son of British director Michael Apted, passed away on Friday, July 4. He was 47. According to his family, Apted suffered from colon cancer prior to his death in Los Angeles.
A native of Manchester, England, Apted worked for two decades in entertainment industry. His credits included Bruce Willis' "A Good Day to Die Hard", "The Wolverine", "Prisoners", "The Book Thief" and "The Fault in Our Stars".
His father, meanwhile, is popular for directing projects such as Pierce Brosnan's James Bond movie "The World Is Not Enough", Gerard Butler's "Chasing Mavericks" and Showtime's series "Masters of Sex". The father and son previously collaborated in three flicks, "Nell", "Extreme Measures" and "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader".
In addition to his father, Apted is survived by his mother, wife, two children and three siblings. A memorial is scheduled for July 13 at Mount Sinai Hollywood Hills, while the funeral will take place in the U.K.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie