Paul Apted, Son of Director Michael Apted, Dies at 47
Paul Apted, a sound editor who was also the son of British director Michael Apted, passed away on Friday, July 4. He was 47. According to his family, Apted suffered from colon cancer prior to his death in Los Angeles.
A native of Manchester, England, Apted worked for two decades in entertainment industry. His credits included Bruce Willis' "A Good Day to Die Hard", "The Wolverine", "Prisoners", "The Book Thief" and "The Fault in Our Stars".
His father, meanwhile, is popular for directing projects such as Pierce Brosnan's James Bond movie "The World Is Not Enough", Gerard Butler's "Chasing Mavericks" and Showtime's series "Masters of Sex". The father and son previously collaborated in three flicks, "Nell", "Extreme Measures" and "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader".
In addition to his father, Apted is survived by his mother, wife, two children and three siblings. A memorial is scheduled for July 13 at Mount Sinai Hollywood Hills, while the funeral will take place in the U.K.
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors