Paul Apted, Son of Director Michael Apted, Dies at 47
Paul Apted, a sound editor who was also the son of British director Michael Apted, passed away on Friday, July 4. He was 47. According to his family, Apted suffered from colon cancer prior to his death in Los Angeles.
A native of Manchester, England, Apted worked for two decades in entertainment industry. His credits included Bruce Willis' "A Good Day to Die Hard", "The Wolverine", "Prisoners", "The Book Thief" and "The Fault in Our Stars".
His father, meanwhile, is popular for directing projects such as Pierce Brosnan's James Bond movie "The World Is Not Enough", Gerard Butler's "Chasing Mavericks" and Showtime's series "Masters of Sex". The father and son previously collaborated in three flicks, "Nell", "Extreme Measures" and "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader".
In addition to his father, Apted is survived by his mother, wife, two children and three siblings. A memorial is scheduled for July 13 at Mount Sinai Hollywood Hills, while the funeral will take place in the U.K.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars