Artist of the Week: Sia
In the past few years, Sia Furler chose to work with other musicians as a songwriter and a featured artist. The Australia-born entertainer spent her time penning tracks for Beyonce Knowles, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears among others, as well as appearing in tracks by Eminem and David Guetta before she decided to work on her own music again.
In March, she released her new single, "Chandelier". The track was met with positive reviews from critics upon its release. It peaked within Billboard 200's top 20 and managed to hit the top 5 on singles charts in several countries including Australia, Norway and New Zealand.
Sia co-directed the single's accompanying music videos, which also received rave reviews. The visuals features TV star/dancer Maddie Ziegler showing off some amazing dance moves while donning a blonde bob wig. The clip has so far garnered more than 50 million views on YouTube.
In May, Sia revealed details about her new album. Titled "1000 Forms of Fear", the record will mark her first since 2010's "We Are Born".
To promote her upcoming release, Sia made some appearances on several TV shows including "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", where she performed "Chandelier" with her back facing the camera while Ziegler recreated the choreography in the music video.
"I already have a much larger concept for this album and for how I'm going to present it and that was: I don't want to be famous," Sia, who struggled with the pressure of fame and subsequently thought about committing suicide, explained about the performance in an interview with Dazed.
"If Amy Winehouse was a beehive then I guess I'm a blonde bob. I thought 'well if that's my brand, how can I avoid having to use my face to sell something,' so my intention was to create a blonde bob brand," she added. The singer also refused to face the camera when performing on "Late Night With Seth Meyers" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
"1000 Forms of Fear" is scheduled to be released on July 8. The LP has also been preceded by tracks "Eye of the Needle", "Big Girls Cry" and "Elastic Heart" which is featured in the soundtrack of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire".
More Sia Furler News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo