'Star Wars: Episode IV' Gets Rare Screening at Atlanta's Plaza Theatre
Die-hard "Star Wars" fans may head to Atlanta, Georgia on July 18 for one of the franchise's films will get a rare screening. "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope" will be screened at Atlanta's Plaza in the 75th anniversary of the theater.
According to Deadline, Disney will play the Special Edition version of the classic 1977 movie. The first of the six sci-fi films was given a substantial cleanup of its VFX and some more on the film's 20th anniversary. It was re-released in April 1981 but rarely got any theater screen since.
However, fans who wish to be part of the occasion will have to pay a larger sum than the usual. Tickets are going as high as $75 per seat in the diamond section, according to the official website. However, most of the premium seats are already sold out, leaving only a few remaining tickets for the upstairs theater.
The Plaza Theatre is Atlanta's longest continuously operating movie theater. For its anniversary, it will also screen "The Flying Deuces" and "Of Mice and Men" as well as a slew of other 1939 movies which marked its opening year.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip