'The Leftovers' 1.03 Preview: Burnt Down
"The Leftovers" highlights the impact of the Departure from religious aspect in next week's episode. A preview for the said outing has been released, focusing on Reverend Matt Jamison who tries to convince someone that their suffering is meaningless if they can no longer separate the innocent from the guilty.
According to the synopsis, in the face of dwindling church attendance and threats on his life, Matt continues to preach his gospel: that many who disappeared in the Departure were sinners and not saints.
But Matt's campaign is detoured when he learns he may lose the church to foreclosure, forcing him to launch a desperate, last-minute plan to come up with the cash to keep it. It appears that he will be trapped in fire and has to witness a place being burnt down.
"Two Boats and a Helicopter" will air Sunday, July 13 at 10/9c on HBO, after the new episode of "True Blood" seventh and final season.
More The Leftovers News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama