'The Leftovers' 1.03 Preview: Burnt Down
"The Leftovers" highlights the impact of the Departure from religious aspect in next week's episode. A preview for the said outing has been released, focusing on Reverend Matt Jamison who tries to convince someone that their suffering is meaningless if they can no longer separate the innocent from the guilty.
According to the synopsis, in the face of dwindling church attendance and threats on his life, Matt continues to preach his gospel: that many who disappeared in the Departure were sinners and not saints.
But Matt's campaign is detoured when he learns he may lose the church to foreclosure, forcing him to launch a desperate, last-minute plan to come up with the cash to keep it. It appears that he will be trapped in fire and has to witness a place being burnt down.
"Two Boats and a Helicopter" will air Sunday, July 13 at 10/9c on HBO, after the new episode of "True Blood" seventh and final season.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed