'The Leftovers' 1.03 Preview: Burnt Down
"The Leftovers" highlights the impact of the Departure from religious aspect in next week's episode. A preview for the said outing has been released, focusing on Reverend Matt Jamison who tries to convince someone that their suffering is meaningless if they can no longer separate the innocent from the guilty.
According to the synopsis, in the face of dwindling church attendance and threats on his life, Matt continues to preach his gospel: that many who disappeared in the Departure were sinners and not saints.
But Matt's campaign is detoured when he learns he may lose the church to foreclosure, forcing him to launch a desperate, last-minute plan to come up with the cash to keep it. It appears that he will be trapped in fire and has to witness a place being burnt down.
"Two Boats and a Helicopter" will air Sunday, July 13 at 10/9c on HBO, after the new episode of "True Blood" seventh and final season.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'