'The Leftovers' 1.03 Preview: Burnt Down
"The Leftovers" highlights the impact of the Departure from religious aspect in next week's episode. A preview for the said outing has been released, focusing on Reverend Matt Jamison who tries to convince someone that their suffering is meaningless if they can no longer separate the innocent from the guilty.
According to the synopsis, in the face of dwindling church attendance and threats on his life, Matt continues to preach his gospel: that many who disappeared in the Departure were sinners and not saints.
But Matt's campaign is detoured when he learns he may lose the church to foreclosure, forcing him to launch a desperate, last-minute plan to come up with the cash to keep it. It appears that he will be trapped in fire and has to witness a place being burnt down.
"Two Boats and a Helicopter" will air Sunday, July 13 at 10/9c on HBO, after the new episode of "True Blood" seventh and final season.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13