'The Leftovers' 1.03 Preview: Burnt Down
"The Leftovers" highlights the impact of the Departure from religious aspect in next week's episode. A preview for the said outing has been released, focusing on Reverend Matt Jamison who tries to convince someone that their suffering is meaningless if they can no longer separate the innocent from the guilty.
According to the synopsis, in the face of dwindling church attendance and threats on his life, Matt continues to preach his gospel: that many who disappeared in the Departure were sinners and not saints.
But Matt's campaign is detoured when he learns he may lose the church to foreclosure, forcing him to launch a desperate, last-minute plan to come up with the cash to keep it. It appears that he will be trapped in fire and has to witness a place being burnt down.
"Two Boats and a Helicopter" will air Sunday, July 13 at 10/9c on HBO, after the new episode of "True Blood" seventh and final season.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?