Kevin Smith Explains What He Saw on 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming Set
Last week, fans were left curious after Kevin Smith posted an Instagram photo of him shedding tears of joy after leaving the filming set of "Star Wars Episode VII". The actor/filmmaker said he'd signed an NDA that prevented him from talking about the experience, but he appeared to share some new info about the J.J. Abrams-directed movie when he attended an event in Switzerland.
During a Q&A session at the Neuchatel International Film Festival, Smith explained what he saw on the set. "What I saw, I absolutely loved. It was tactile - it was real. It wasn't a series of f**king green screens and blue screens in which later on digital characters would be added. It was there it was happening," he told the audience.
"I saw uniforms, I saw artillery that I haven't seen since I was a kid. I saw them shooting an actual sequence in a set that is real - I walked across the set, there were explosions - and it looked like a shot right out of a f**ing Star Wars movie," he continued.
Smith went on saying that he got to visit Stage M at Pinewood, where he saw the Millenium Falcon. "The ship outside looks like a movie set, but the inside, fully replicated, fully built. The guy told me, they took two blueprints: Star Wars and Empire, because the cockpit in Empire was bigger than the cockpit in Star Wars. So they went somewhere between the two," he explained.
The video of Smith at the film festival is available below. The part featuring him talking about his visit to the "Star Wars" filming set starts at around 35:15.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video