First Look of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Creatures
The soft opening of Diagon Alley at Universal Studio's new Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction has led to the unveiling of the Fantastic Beasts. A photo of these creatures' life-size models is the closest idea of how they will look like in the "Harry Potter" spin-off film.
USA Today has snapped a picture from inside the Magical Menagerie shop where strange-looking animals from the popular J.K. Rowling books are visualized for the first time. There's a blue griffin sitting in between an ape-like and a unicorn-like creatures.
It is yet confirmed whether the same visualizations will be used in "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". The film is based on Rowling's novel of the same title which she originally wrote for charity. It was confirmed last September that the Hogwarts schoolbook would be made into a movie with Rowling making her screenwriting debut.
Pic will feature the book's fictitious author, Newt Scamander. It's neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world. The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to Harry Potter's fans, but Newt's story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry's gets underway.
According to the Independent, the spin-off "will be filmed at the Warner Bros complex in Hertfordshire, where all the original Harry Potter films were made." It is aiming for November 18, 2016 release.
More Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them News
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs