First Look of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Creatures
The soft opening of Diagon Alley at Universal Studio's new Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction has led to the unveiling of the Fantastic Beasts. A photo of these creatures' life-size models is the closest idea of how they will look like in the "Harry Potter" spin-off film.
USA Today has snapped a picture from inside the Magical Menagerie shop where strange-looking animals from the popular J.K. Rowling books are visualized for the first time. There's a blue griffin sitting in between an ape-like and a unicorn-like creatures.
It is yet confirmed whether the same visualizations will be used in "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". The film is based on Rowling's novel of the same title which she originally wrote for charity. It was confirmed last September that the Hogwarts schoolbook would be made into a movie with Rowling making her screenwriting debut.
Pic will feature the book's fictitious author, Newt Scamander. It's neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world. The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to Harry Potter's fans, but Newt's story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry's gets underway.
According to the Independent, the spin-off "will be filmed at the Warner Bros complex in Hertfordshire, where all the original Harry Potter films were made." It is aiming for November 18, 2016 release.
More Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them News
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media