Kanye West Gets Booed Again After Launching Another Rant at Second Wireless Show
Kanye West was booed again when he headlined the second night of Wireless Festival in the U.K. on Saturday, July 5. Filling in for Drake who was forced to cancel his set after falling ill, the rapper angered some fans after he once again stopped performing and followed up Friday's rant with another one.
In his latest rant, West said that he's a "shy" but "arrogant" person. "Sometimes it's hard because I'm so shy but I'm a mixture of shy, lazy and a bit arrogant," he told the crowd. "No one really speaks from their heart to the internet to the world, it's kind of brave for a shy person to inspire people to be more expressive."
West also talked about being harassed by paparazzi during his 20-minute rant. "The media try to take me down and make me seem like I'm a crazy person but I'm working hard to make this music and share it wit y'all and I know that at the end of the day you guys are my clique and that's all that matters," he said. "The only reason I'm on this stage right now is because y'all my clique. You know I go to the studio til 3 A.M. so you can listen to the music in your car."
At one point, frustrated fans began chanting "we want Drake." They later cheered after West decided to end his speech and resume his performance.
More Kanye West News
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer