Kanye West Gets Booed Again After Launching Another Rant at Second Wireless Show
Kanye West was booed again when he headlined the second night of Wireless Festival in the U.K. on Saturday, July 5. Filling in for Drake who was forced to cancel his set after falling ill, the rapper angered some fans after he once again stopped performing and followed up Friday's rant with another one.
In his latest rant, West said that he's a "shy" but "arrogant" person. "Sometimes it's hard because I'm so shy but I'm a mixture of shy, lazy and a bit arrogant," he told the crowd. "No one really speaks from their heart to the internet to the world, it's kind of brave for a shy person to inspire people to be more expressive."
West also talked about being harassed by paparazzi during his 20-minute rant. "The media try to take me down and make me seem like I'm a crazy person but I'm working hard to make this music and share it wit y'all and I know that at the end of the day you guys are my clique and that's all that matters," he said. "The only reason I'm on this stage right now is because y'all my clique. You know I go to the studio til 3 A.M. so you can listen to the music in your car."
At one point, frustrated fans began chanting "we want Drake." They later cheered after West decided to end his speech and resume his performance.
More Kanye West News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says