Paul McCartney Returns to Stage After Hospitalization
Paul McCartney is back on stage, kicking off the U.S. leg of his tour Saturday night, July 5 in Albany, New York. The former member of The Beatles rocked the jam-packed Times Union Center, singing more than 38 songs in an estimated three-hour set.
"Good evening, Albany," 72-year-old McCartney greeted the crowd. "I've a feeling we're going to have a little bit of fun tonight." It's his first concert since he was hospitalized in Japan due to viral infection in May this year. "It's great to be back," he told his fans.
He opened the gig with The Beatles' "Eight Days a Week." His setlist was a mix of classics like "Hey Jude" and songs such as "New" and "Queenie Eye" from his latest album. He also paid tributes to John Lennon, George Harrison, and Jimi Hendrix.
The British musician wore black jeans and a blue blazer. He took the jacket off after four songs, joking that it was the only wardrobe change of the evening. Fans screamed in excitement when he played "Blackbird" high above the crowd. "Don't do that to me! Those days are gone," he said. When the cheers got louder, he added, "Oh, Maybe they're not."
During his second encore, McCartney invited a couple to the stage after spotting them holding up matching signs. His read, "I HAVE THE RING AND I'M 64," while hers said, "HE WON'T MARRY ME TIL HE MEETS YOU." The man proposed after a brief rendition of "When I'm 64", and she said yes. "And he booked us for the wedding," the performer joked.
More Paul McCartney News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert