Paul McCartney Returns to Stage After Hospitalization
Paul McCartney is back on stage, kicking off the U.S. leg of his tour Saturday night, July 5 in Albany, New York. The former member of The Beatles rocked the jam-packed Times Union Center, singing more than 38 songs in an estimated three-hour set.
"Good evening, Albany," 72-year-old McCartney greeted the crowd. "I've a feeling we're going to have a little bit of fun tonight." It's his first concert since he was hospitalized in Japan due to viral infection in May this year. "It's great to be back," he told his fans.
He opened the gig with The Beatles' "Eight Days a Week." His setlist was a mix of classics like "Hey Jude" and songs such as "New" and "Queenie Eye" from his latest album. He also paid tributes to John Lennon, George Harrison, and Jimi Hendrix.
The British musician wore black jeans and a blue blazer. He took the jacket off after four songs, joking that it was the only wardrobe change of the evening. Fans screamed in excitement when he played "Blackbird" high above the crowd. "Don't do that to me! Those days are gone," he said. When the cheers got louder, he added, "Oh, Maybe they're not."
During his second encore, McCartney invited a couple to the stage after spotting them holding up matching signs. His read, "I HAVE THE RING AND I'M 64," while hers said, "HE WON'T MARRY ME TIL HE MEETS YOU." The man proposed after a brief rendition of "When I'm 64", and she said yes. "And he booked us for the wedding," the performer joked.
More Paul McCartney News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns