Paul McCartney Returns to Stage After Hospitalization
Paul McCartney is back on stage, kicking off the U.S. leg of his tour Saturday night, July 5 in Albany, New York. The former member of The Beatles rocked the jam-packed Times Union Center, singing more than 38 songs in an estimated three-hour set.
"Good evening, Albany," 72-year-old McCartney greeted the crowd. "I've a feeling we're going to have a little bit of fun tonight." It's his first concert since he was hospitalized in Japan due to viral infection in May this year. "It's great to be back," he told his fans.
He opened the gig with The Beatles' "Eight Days a Week." His setlist was a mix of classics like "Hey Jude" and songs such as "New" and "Queenie Eye" from his latest album. He also paid tributes to John Lennon, George Harrison, and Jimi Hendrix.
The British musician wore black jeans and a blue blazer. He took the jacket off after four songs, joking that it was the only wardrobe change of the evening. Fans screamed in excitement when he played "Blackbird" high above the crowd. "Don't do that to me! Those days are gone," he said. When the cheers got louder, he added, "Oh, Maybe they're not."
During his second encore, McCartney invited a couple to the stage after spotting them holding up matching signs. His read, "I HAVE THE RING AND I'M 64," while hers said, "HE WON'T MARRY ME TIL HE MEETS YOU." The man proposed after a brief rendition of "When I'm 64", and she said yes. "And he booked us for the wedding," the performer joked.
More Paul McCartney News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation