Paul McCartney Returns to Stage After Hospitalization
Paul McCartney is back on stage, kicking off the U.S. leg of his tour Saturday night, July 5 in Albany, New York. The former member of The Beatles rocked the jam-packed Times Union Center, singing more than 38 songs in an estimated three-hour set.
"Good evening, Albany," 72-year-old McCartney greeted the crowd. "I've a feeling we're going to have a little bit of fun tonight." It's his first concert since he was hospitalized in Japan due to viral infection in May this year. "It's great to be back," he told his fans.
He opened the gig with The Beatles' "Eight Days a Week." His setlist was a mix of classics like "Hey Jude" and songs such as "New" and "Queenie Eye" from his latest album. He also paid tributes to John Lennon, George Harrison, and Jimi Hendrix.
The British musician wore black jeans and a blue blazer. He took the jacket off after four songs, joking that it was the only wardrobe change of the evening. Fans screamed in excitement when he played "Blackbird" high above the crowd. "Don't do that to me! Those days are gone," he said. When the cheers got louder, he added, "Oh, Maybe they're not."
During his second encore, McCartney invited a couple to the stage after spotting them holding up matching signs. His read, "I HAVE THE RING AND I'M 64," while hers said, "HE WON'T MARRY ME TIL HE MEETS YOU." The man proposed after a brief rendition of "When I'm 64", and she said yes. "And he booked us for the wedding," the performer joked.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia