Pink Floyd's New Album 'The Endless River' Set for October Release
Pink Floyd's new album has been announced, twenty years after their last album "The Division Bell". David Gilmour's wife Polly Samson broke the news on Twitter, "Btw Pink Floyd album out in October is called 'The Endless River'. Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful."
Singer Durga McBroom-Hudson, who toured with the band during the eighties and nineties, then revealed her involvement in the project. She posted on Facebook a picture from a recording session. "The recording did start during 'The Division Bell' sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled 'The Big Spliff' that [drummer] Nick Mason spoke about), which is why there are Richard Wright tracks on it," she explained.
"But David and Nick have gone in and done a lot more since then. It was originally to be a completely instrumental recording, but I came in last December and sang on a few tracks. David then expanded on my backing vocals and has done a lead on at least one of them. That's the song you see being worked on in the photo."
More Pink Floyd News
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'