'Witches of East End': Jenna Dewan Teases 'Darker' and 'Scarier' Season 2
Just two days before the show's return, "Witches of East End" stars talk about what to expect in the sophomore season of the supernatural series. Speaking to Zap2it, Jenna Dewan-Tatum says, "This season in particular is much more complicated... And we're going a bit darker, a bit scarier and a little deeper with everything."
The actress/dancer says her character will face romantic romantic and supernatural challenges. Although Freya called off her wedding to Dash in the first season, it's not the end of the love triangle. Starting off the season "heartbroken," she's going to figure out "how to find the true love, find her love. "
In another interview with TV Guide, executive producer Maggie Friedman says, "That love triangle is going to get spun in a completely new direction. We saw what happened to Dash, and Killian has gone off, so Freya will find herself in a completely different romantic circumstance."
Producer Richard Hatem adds, "This is going to be a love pentagram. It gets a lot more complicated." Echoing Dewan-Tatum's statement that the next season will be "darker" and "scarier," Friedman gushes, "All hell is going to break loose."
She, however, says that "the relationships keep the fun alive and the fact that the women give each other s**t all the time. We have gone dark, but you have to keep the lightness alive otherwise the darkness is punishing."
On the significance of the arrival of Freya's twin, Friedman shares, "[Frederick] was left back in Asgard when they came over and he's actually Freya's twin, and when the two of them are together they can do special spells that they can't do apart. But there's going to be conflict between Wendy and Joanna because Wendy thinks Frederick is here to do harm, and Joanna loves her son and trusts him."
"Witches of East End" season 2 premieres Sunday, July 6 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on Lifetime. The network has just debuted a "Happy 4th of July" promo to coincide with the celebration of the Independence Day.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split