Avengers Won't Make Cameo in 'Big Hero 6'
Since both Big Hero 6 and The Avengers are Marvel's properties, there is a question if there will be a crossover story. In a new interview with Total Film, "Big Hero 6" director Don Hall confirms the Earth's Mightiest Heroes will not appear in the upcoming animated superhero flick.
"Very early on, when we were collaborating with Marvel, the decision was made to intentionally not connect it to the Marvel universe," Hall explains. "Everybody felt like it would be great for us to take this idea of theirs and make our own universe with it."
"Marvel really encouraged us to do that. So there'll be no Iron Man or Captain America, and no Avengers in this world," he continues. "Our Avengers are the Big Hero 6."
From the creators of "Frozen (2013)" and "Wreck-It Ralph", the film has Jamie Chung, T.J. Miller, and Maya Rudolph among the voice cast. It's scheduled to arrive Stateside November 7 this year before hitting theaters overseas starting February 13, 2015.
An action comedy adventure, it follows child prodigy Hiro Hamada finding himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his robot buddy, he joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent