Avengers Won't Make Cameo in 'Big Hero 6'
Since both Big Hero 6 and The Avengers are Marvel's properties, there is a question if there will be a crossover story. In a new interview with Total Film, "Big Hero 6" director Don Hall confirms the Earth's Mightiest Heroes will not appear in the upcoming animated superhero flick.
"Very early on, when we were collaborating with Marvel, the decision was made to intentionally not connect it to the Marvel universe," Hall explains. "Everybody felt like it would be great for us to take this idea of theirs and make our own universe with it."
"Marvel really encouraged us to do that. So there'll be no Iron Man or Captain America, and no Avengers in this world," he continues. "Our Avengers are the Big Hero 6."
From the creators of "Frozen (2013)" and "Wreck-It Ralph", the film has Jamie Chung, T.J. Miller, and Maya Rudolph among the voice cast. It's scheduled to arrive Stateside November 7 this year before hitting theaters overseas starting February 13, 2015.
An action comedy adventure, it follows child prodigy Hiro Hamada finding himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his robot buddy, he joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family