Avengers Won't Make Cameo in 'Big Hero 6'
Since both Big Hero 6 and The Avengers are Marvel's properties, there is a question if there will be a crossover story. In a new interview with Total Film, "Big Hero 6" director Don Hall confirms the Earth's Mightiest Heroes will not appear in the upcoming animated superhero flick.
"Very early on, when we were collaborating with Marvel, the decision was made to intentionally not connect it to the Marvel universe," Hall explains. "Everybody felt like it would be great for us to take this idea of theirs and make our own universe with it."
"Marvel really encouraged us to do that. So there'll be no Iron Man or Captain America, and no Avengers in this world," he continues. "Our Avengers are the Big Hero 6."
From the creators of "Frozen (2013)" and "Wreck-It Ralph", the film has Jamie Chung, T.J. Miller, and Maya Rudolph among the voice cast. It's scheduled to arrive Stateside November 7 this year before hitting theaters overseas starting February 13, 2015.
An action comedy adventure, it follows child prodigy Hiro Hamada finding himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his robot buddy, he joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors