Avengers Won't Make Cameo in 'Big Hero 6'
Since both Big Hero 6 and The Avengers are Marvel's properties, there is a question if there will be a crossover story. In a new interview with Total Film, "Big Hero 6" director Don Hall confirms the Earth's Mightiest Heroes will not appear in the upcoming animated superhero flick.
"Very early on, when we were collaborating with Marvel, the decision was made to intentionally not connect it to the Marvel universe," Hall explains. "Everybody felt like it would be great for us to take this idea of theirs and make our own universe with it."
"Marvel really encouraged us to do that. So there'll be no Iron Man or Captain America, and no Avengers in this world," he continues. "Our Avengers are the Big Hero 6."
From the creators of "Frozen (2013)" and "Wreck-It Ralph", the film has Jamie Chung, T.J. Miller, and Maya Rudolph among the voice cast. It's scheduled to arrive Stateside November 7 this year before hitting theaters overseas starting February 13, 2015.
An action comedy adventure, it follows child prodigy Hiro Hamada finding himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his robot buddy, he joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom