Video: Kendrick Lamar Does Karaoke of Eminem and Jay-Z's Tracks
A video of Kendrick Lamar doing karaoke of some classic rap songs was recently released by XXL. Shot while he was visiting XXL's office, the black-and-white clip shows the Compton rapper performing Eminem's "My Name Is" and Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin' ".
He also tackles 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" and "In Da Club" while reading the lyrics from a tiny screen on the karaoke machine. Wearing a furry hat, Lamar busts out some dance moves as he raps those tracks.
Lamar is currently working on his new album, which will come as the follow-up to his Grammy-nominated 2012 album "good kid, m.A.A.d City". Last month, the 27-year-old entertainer confirmed that he'd reunite with Dr. Dre for his upcoming record.
"Dr Dre is focused like he always been. He focused on music, man," he said of Dre, who executive produced his 2012 album. "One thing about Dre, you can't take the music away. No matter how much money he has, he's always gonna be right there in that studio."
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers