Video: Kendrick Lamar Does Karaoke of Eminem and Jay-Z's Tracks
A video of Kendrick Lamar doing karaoke of some classic rap songs was recently released by XXL. Shot while he was visiting XXL's office, the black-and-white clip shows the Compton rapper performing Eminem's "My Name Is" and Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin' ".
He also tackles 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" and "In Da Club" while reading the lyrics from a tiny screen on the karaoke machine. Wearing a furry hat, Lamar busts out some dance moves as he raps those tracks.
Lamar is currently working on his new album, which will come as the follow-up to his Grammy-nominated 2012 album "good kid, m.A.A.d City". Last month, the 27-year-old entertainer confirmed that he'd reunite with Dr. Dre for his upcoming record.
"Dr Dre is focused like he always been. He focused on music, man," he said of Dre, who executive produced his 2012 album. "One thing about Dre, you can't take the music away. No matter how much money he has, he's always gonna be right there in that studio."
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign