Video: Kendrick Lamar Does Karaoke of Eminem and Jay-Z's Tracks
A video of Kendrick Lamar doing karaoke of some classic rap songs was recently released by XXL. Shot while he was visiting XXL's office, the black-and-white clip shows the Compton rapper performing Eminem's "My Name Is" and Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin' ".
He also tackles 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" and "In Da Club" while reading the lyrics from a tiny screen on the karaoke machine. Wearing a furry hat, Lamar busts out some dance moves as he raps those tracks.
Lamar is currently working on his new album, which will come as the follow-up to his Grammy-nominated 2012 album "good kid, m.A.A.d City". Last month, the 27-year-old entertainer confirmed that he'd reunite with Dr. Dre for his upcoming record.
"Dr Dre is focused like he always been. He focused on music, man," he said of Dre, who executive produced his 2012 album. "One thing about Dre, you can't take the music away. No matter how much money he has, he's always gonna be right there in that studio."
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'