Video: Kendrick Lamar Does Karaoke of Eminem and Jay-Z's Tracks
A video of Kendrick Lamar doing karaoke of some classic rap songs was recently released by XXL. Shot while he was visiting XXL's office, the black-and-white clip shows the Compton rapper performing Eminem's "My Name Is" and Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin' ".
He also tackles 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" and "In Da Club" while reading the lyrics from a tiny screen on the karaoke machine. Wearing a furry hat, Lamar busts out some dance moves as he raps those tracks.
Lamar is currently working on his new album, which will come as the follow-up to his Grammy-nominated 2012 album "good kid, m.A.A.d City". Last month, the 27-year-old entertainer confirmed that he'd reunite with Dr. Dre for his upcoming record.
"Dr Dre is focused like he always been. He focused on music, man," he said of Dre, who executive produced his 2012 album. "One thing about Dre, you can't take the music away. No matter how much money he has, he's always gonna be right there in that studio."
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences