Video: Kendrick Lamar Does Karaoke of Eminem and Jay-Z's Tracks
A video of Kendrick Lamar doing karaoke of some classic rap songs was recently released by XXL. Shot while he was visiting XXL's office, the black-and-white clip shows the Compton rapper performing Eminem's "My Name Is" and Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin' ".
He also tackles 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" and "In Da Club" while reading the lyrics from a tiny screen on the karaoke machine. Wearing a furry hat, Lamar busts out some dance moves as he raps those tracks.
Lamar is currently working on his new album, which will come as the follow-up to his Grammy-nominated 2012 album "good kid, m.A.A.d City". Last month, the 27-year-old entertainer confirmed that he'd reunite with Dr. Dre for his upcoming record.
"Dr Dre is focused like he always been. He focused on music, man," he said of Dre, who executive produced his 2012 album. "One thing about Dre, you can't take the music away. No matter how much money he has, he's always gonna be right there in that studio."
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4