'Beverly Hills Cop IV' Will Take Place During 'Coldest Winter on Record'
A new tidbit about "Beverly Hills Cop IV" emerges. While confirming that the franchise will return to Detroit for filming, the Michigan Film Office reveals that the events in the upcoming fourth installment will take place during "the coldest winter on record."
According to the Office, Axel Foley who will be played once again by Eddie Murphy has been living a cushy life as a Beverly Hills Detective. He is back to Detroit during the coldest winter on record to navigate the new rules and old enemies in one of America's most tenacious cities.
The Beverly Hills Cop production was approved for an estimated rebate of $13.5 million based on more than $56 million of projected in-state expenditures. The project is expected to employ approximately 352 Michigan workers during the shooting, with a full time equivalent of 318 jobs.
"We are excited to welcome Axel Foley and the Beverly Hills Cop franchise back to Michigan," said Margaret O'Riley, director of the Michigan Film Office. "This project will highlight locations throughout metro Detroit that speak to the city's heritage while making significant investments in the community by hiring Michigan workers and local businesses."
Directed by Brett Ratner and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, "Beverly Hills Cop IV" is scheduled to open March 25, 2016 in the United States. "Hopefully we'll start end of summer, beginning of fall and get rolling on it," the producer once said.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit