'Beverly Hills Cop IV' Will Take Place During 'Coldest Winter on Record'
A new tidbit about "Beverly Hills Cop IV" emerges. While confirming that the franchise will return to Detroit for filming, the Michigan Film Office reveals that the events in the upcoming fourth installment will take place during "the coldest winter on record."
According to the Office, Axel Foley who will be played once again by Eddie Murphy has been living a cushy life as a Beverly Hills Detective. He is back to Detroit during the coldest winter on record to navigate the new rules and old enemies in one of America's most tenacious cities.
The Beverly Hills Cop production was approved for an estimated rebate of $13.5 million based on more than $56 million of projected in-state expenditures. The project is expected to employ approximately 352 Michigan workers during the shooting, with a full time equivalent of 318 jobs.
"We are excited to welcome Axel Foley and the Beverly Hills Cop franchise back to Michigan," said Margaret O'Riley, director of the Michigan Film Office. "This project will highlight locations throughout metro Detroit that speak to the city's heritage while making significant investments in the community by hiring Michigan workers and local businesses."
Directed by Brett Ratner and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, "Beverly Hills Cop IV" is scheduled to open March 25, 2016 in the United States. "Hopefully we'll start end of summer, beginning of fall and get rolling on it," the producer once said.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'