Mark Wahlberg Rumored for 'Six Million Dollar Man' Remake
"The Six Million Dollar Man" may have found a lead actor. According to a scoop from Tracking-Board, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" star Mark Wahlberg reportedly has landed a lead role in the big screen adaptation of the iconic 1970s TV show.
The original "Six Million Dollar Man" follows Steve Austin, a pilot who was dying after his ship crashed. He was brought back to life by the government and augmented with cybernetic parts that gave him superhuman strength and speed. To pay his dues, he becomes a secret operative.
Wahlberg plays a new character replacing the original protagonist Sam Witwicky who was portrayed by Shia LaBeouf in the first three films. His next projects include crime thriller "Mojave", crime drama "The Gambler", and a sequel to 2012's R-rated comedy "Ted".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance