Kanye West Booed After He Launches Lengthy Rant at Wireless Fest
Kanye West was booed by fans who attended his set at the Wireless Festival taking place at Finsbury Park in London on Friday, July 4. Some concertgoers also reportedly left the park early after the rapper stopped performing to engage in a lengthy rant onstage.
West, whose face was covered in a bejeweled mask, spent nearly half an hour complaining about being discriminated by fashion brands including Nike and Louis Vuitton. "I'm not going to mention any names but... Nike, Louis Vuitton and Gucci. Don't discriminate against me 'cos I'm a black man making music," he said.
"They say, 'No no no n***as, that's too much.' It's about my dreams, it's about creating, not about the idea of being a f**king celebrity," he added. "That wasn't my fault about Nike - they tried to control me. I just want to make something awesome, hang around my awesome friends and save the world."
Fans who were tired of listening to West's rant booed him. "This is what I'm talking about... They say, 'I don't know what's wrong with Kanye' and make it sound like I'm a bad person in some way. What have I ever done that was so wrong other than believe in myself?" Kim Kardashian's husband responded to the jeering.
West will appear again at Wireless on Saturday. He'll fill in for Drake who announced earlier this week that he wouldn't be able to perform after falling ill. "My doctors have made it clear that I am not physically fit to fly or deliver the performance my fans expect and deserve from me," the Toronto MC said in a statement. "I will be focused on resting for a quick recovery. I have the best fans in the world and I can't wait to come back to make more incredible memories together."
More Kanye West News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video