Kanye West Booed After He Launches Lengthy Rant at Wireless Fest
Kanye West was booed by fans who attended his set at the Wireless Festival taking place at Finsbury Park in London on Friday, July 4. Some concertgoers also reportedly left the park early after the rapper stopped performing to engage in a lengthy rant onstage.
West, whose face was covered in a bejeweled mask, spent nearly half an hour complaining about being discriminated by fashion brands including Nike and Louis Vuitton. "I'm not going to mention any names but... Nike, Louis Vuitton and Gucci. Don't discriminate against me 'cos I'm a black man making music," he said.
"They say, 'No no no n***as, that's too much.' It's about my dreams, it's about creating, not about the idea of being a f**king celebrity," he added. "That wasn't my fault about Nike - they tried to control me. I just want to make something awesome, hang around my awesome friends and save the world."
Fans who were tired of listening to West's rant booed him. "This is what I'm talking about... They say, 'I don't know what's wrong with Kanye' and make it sound like I'm a bad person in some way. What have I ever done that was so wrong other than believe in myself?" Kim Kardashian's husband responded to the jeering.
West will appear again at Wireless on Saturday. He'll fill in for Drake who announced earlier this week that he wouldn't be able to perform after falling ill. "My doctors have made it clear that I am not physically fit to fly or deliver the performance my fans expect and deserve from me," the Toronto MC said in a statement. "I will be focused on resting for a quick recovery. I have the best fans in the world and I can't wait to come back to make more incredible memories together."
More Kanye West News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards