Nicholas Hoult and Elle Fanning in 'Young Ones' Trailers
Two brand new trailers for Jake Paltrow's sci-fi drama "Young Ones" have been released. One trailer captures the characters' personal dilemma over the need of water while the other exposes the violence that comes with the drought.
Water is running out. Land has withered into something wretched. The dust has settled on a lonely, barren planet. Not long from now, the hardened survivors of the loss of Earth's precious resources scrape and struggle. Ernest Holm, played by Michael Shannon, lives on this harsh frontier with his children, Jerome (Kodi Smit-McPhee) and Mary (Elle Fanning). He defends his farm from bandits, works the supply routes, and hopes to rejuvenate the soil. But Mary's boyfriend, Flem Lever, played by Nicholas Hoult, has grander designs. He wants Ernest's land for himself, and he means to get it.
The film had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year. It will be released in limited theaters in October in the U.S. via Screen Media.
"We were blown away by Jake's vision and execution when we saw his film at Sundance this year," said Screen Media president Suzanne Blech. "We're very excited to work with him to bring this amazing and unique accomplishment to audiences nationwide."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video