Nicholas Hoult and Elle Fanning in 'Young Ones' Trailers
Two brand new trailers for Jake Paltrow's sci-fi drama "Young Ones" have been released. One trailer captures the characters' personal dilemma over the need of water while the other exposes the violence that comes with the drought.
Water is running out. Land has withered into something wretched. The dust has settled on a lonely, barren planet. Not long from now, the hardened survivors of the loss of Earth's precious resources scrape and struggle. Ernest Holm, played by Michael Shannon, lives on this harsh frontier with his children, Jerome (Kodi Smit-McPhee) and Mary (Elle Fanning). He defends his farm from bandits, works the supply routes, and hopes to rejuvenate the soil. But Mary's boyfriend, Flem Lever, played by Nicholas Hoult, has grander designs. He wants Ernest's land for himself, and he means to get it.
The film had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year. It will be released in limited theaters in October in the U.S. via Screen Media.
"We were blown away by Jake's vision and execution when we saw his film at Sundance this year," said Screen Media president Suzanne Blech. "We're very excited to work with him to bring this amazing and unique accomplishment to audiences nationwide."
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series