Jessica Simpson Holds Barbecue Party to Celebrate 4th of July
Jessica Simpson and her fiance Eric Johnson (II) are celebrating the 4th of July with a family-friendly party. As reported by PEOPLE, the pair held a barbecue party a day after their rehearsal dinner at San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara, California. The couple, who will get married this weekend, provided the guests with various food at the bash.
According to the magazine, the party included a cocktail hour with passed appetizers such as lobster dogs and corn fritters plus a shellfish station. The guests also enjoyed a buffet which consisted of beef brisket, smoked barbecue baby back ribs, fried chicken and grilled shrimp. Mac and cheese, coleslaw and potato salad were also available.
A pie bar which offered desserts such as slices of apple, pecan, key lime, peach and coconut cream pie was included at the party. Guests might also choose Bomb Pops, Creamsicles or watermelon.
Event planner Mindy Weiss told the magazine that the Independence Day party had "a carnival feel" with a photo booth, games for kids and sparklers. "Jessica didn't want her guests to miss out on the 4th of July. That's who they are. Their No. 1 concern is for their guests coming all this way for the wedding," she explained.
Simpson and Johnson's rehearsal dinner the previous night reportedly took place until 10 P.M. Simpson, who reportedly sported a glittering minidress and matching Jimmy Choo heels at the rehearsal dinner, was teary-eyed as her friends gave speeches at the Thursday, July 3 event. "It was very sweet!" a source told E! News.
More Jessica Simpson News
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick