Jessica Simpson Holds Barbecue Party to Celebrate 4th of July
Jessica Simpson and her fiance Eric Johnson (II) are celebrating the 4th of July with a family-friendly party. As reported by PEOPLE, the pair held a barbecue party a day after their rehearsal dinner at San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara, California. The couple, who will get married this weekend, provided the guests with various food at the bash.
According to the magazine, the party included a cocktail hour with passed appetizers such as lobster dogs and corn fritters plus a shellfish station. The guests also enjoyed a buffet which consisted of beef brisket, smoked barbecue baby back ribs, fried chicken and grilled shrimp. Mac and cheese, coleslaw and potato salad were also available.
A pie bar which offered desserts such as slices of apple, pecan, key lime, peach and coconut cream pie was included at the party. Guests might also choose Bomb Pops, Creamsicles or watermelon.
Event planner Mindy Weiss told the magazine that the Independence Day party had "a carnival feel" with a photo booth, games for kids and sparklers. "Jessica didn't want her guests to miss out on the 4th of July. That's who they are. Their No. 1 concern is for their guests coming all this way for the wedding," she explained.
Simpson and Johnson's rehearsal dinner the previous night reportedly took place until 10 P.M. Simpson, who reportedly sported a glittering minidress and matching Jimmy Choo heels at the rehearsal dinner, was teary-eyed as her friends gave speeches at the Thursday, July 3 event. "It was very sweet!" a source told E! News.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified