Russell Neal of Hi-Five Charged With Murder After Wife Was Found Dead
Russell Neal of 1990s group Hi-Five voluntarily walked into the Harris County Sheriff's Office, in Texas, on Wednesday, July 2 to report his wife's death. The 39-year-old singer was immediately put under police custody.
Neal told the police that his 24-year-old wife Catherine Martinez was dead inside their Houston apartment. He said they got into a heated argument but refused to say anything further until he got a lawyer. According to reports, Martinez's body was found lying dead under a blanket on the living room floor. She'd suffered multiple stab wounds and blunt force trauma.
Martinez was pronounced dead at the scene and Neal has been charged with murder. He is attached to lawyer Chris Brown who told TMZ, "We are aware of the situation and are presently evaluating it." Neal is now in custody and is held on a $100,000 bond.
Per TMZ, law enforcement sources said there were no witnesses to the murder so it appeared that the the couple's two young sons were not in the apartment when Martinez was killed. The children are staying with relatives.
Martinez was identified as an aspiring boxer who went by the name Brasilia. She was also a fitness model.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting