Russell Neal of Hi-Five Charged With Murder After Wife Was Found Dead
Russell Neal of 1990s group Hi-Five voluntarily walked into the Harris County Sheriff's Office, in Texas, on Wednesday, July 2 to report his wife's death. The 39-year-old singer was immediately put under police custody.
Neal told the police that his 24-year-old wife Catherine Martinez was dead inside their Houston apartment. He said they got into a heated argument but refused to say anything further until he got a lawyer. According to reports, Martinez's body was found lying dead under a blanket on the living room floor. She'd suffered multiple stab wounds and blunt force trauma.
Martinez was pronounced dead at the scene and Neal has been charged with murder. He is attached to lawyer Chris Brown who told TMZ, "We are aware of the situation and are presently evaluating it." Neal is now in custody and is held on a $100,000 bond.
Per TMZ, law enforcement sources said there were no witnesses to the murder so it appeared that the the couple's two young sons were not in the apartment when Martinez was killed. The children are staying with relatives.
Martinez was identified as an aspiring boxer who went by the name Brasilia. She was also a fitness model.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch