Russell Neal of Hi-Five Charged With Murder After Wife Was Found Dead
Russell Neal of 1990s group Hi-Five voluntarily walked into the Harris County Sheriff's Office, in Texas, on Wednesday, July 2 to report his wife's death. The 39-year-old singer was immediately put under police custody.
Neal told the police that his 24-year-old wife Catherine Martinez was dead inside their Houston apartment. He said they got into a heated argument but refused to say anything further until he got a lawyer. According to reports, Martinez's body was found lying dead under a blanket on the living room floor. She'd suffered multiple stab wounds and blunt force trauma.
Martinez was pronounced dead at the scene and Neal has been charged with murder. He is attached to lawyer Chris Brown who told TMZ, "We are aware of the situation and are presently evaluating it." Neal is now in custody and is held on a $100,000 bond.
Per TMZ, law enforcement sources said there were no witnesses to the murder so it appeared that the the couple's two young sons were not in the apartment when Martinez was killed. The children are staying with relatives.
Martinez was identified as an aspiring boxer who went by the name Brasilia. She was also a fitness model.
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'