Kate Upton on Reading Fake Rumors About Her: It 'Drives Me Crazy'
Kate Upton revealed that she's sick of fake rumors in tabloids about her life. In an interview with British Vogue published on July 3, she said of tabloids' obsession about her life, especially her love life, "READING things about myself that aren't true drives me crazy."
The star of "The Other Woman (2014)" revealed, "I've managed to block it out, but my family really hasn't - so they'll read about me and then call me up saying, 'Are you alright? I saw this happened' and my mum will call and say: 'Well, I saw you went to Vegas, when you could have come to the family reunion...' and I'm like, 'mum, I swear, I'm in Europe!' It's insane!"
Kate spoke up about being photographed by paparazzi at an event, "I enjoy the red carpet for the first 10 minutes and then I'm like, 'Alright....let's go.' " She smiled and added, "Sometimes the photographers get really bossy, like 'blow a kiss!', 'smile!' and I think, 'You don't know Mr., you're not a model! This outfit is meant to be fierce, it doesn't go with smiling!' When I first did red carpets, I used to listen and do what they said - but now I don't."
In London, Kate, who is an ambassador for Gillette, had a role to promote men's grooming campaign. "Being groomed is about confidence, and I'm always talking about women's confidence but men's confidence is important too," she said, "I don't really have a dealbreaker in grooming, because I think if a man is confident and walks into the room that way, I just fall for it. Tom Ford is the perfect example of great grooming."
The model, who appeared in movie "The Three Stooges", claimed that she got her confidence from her mother, saying, "My mother always taught me that smiling when you walk into a room is the best beauty secret, so if I'm nervous when I walk in I just smile, and I think everyone warms to you quicker that way."
She continued, "Sometimes people look stern when I come on set, just because they're concentrating or getting ready for their day, but I'll chat and smile and finally I break them down!"
More Kate Upton News
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber