Kate Upton on Reading Fake Rumors About Her: It 'Drives Me Crazy'
Kate Upton revealed that she's sick of fake rumors in tabloids about her life. In an interview with British Vogue published on July 3, she said of tabloids' obsession about her life, especially her love life, "READING things about myself that aren't true drives me crazy."
The star of "The Other Woman (2014)" revealed, "I've managed to block it out, but my family really hasn't - so they'll read about me and then call me up saying, 'Are you alright? I saw this happened' and my mum will call and say: 'Well, I saw you went to Vegas, when you could have come to the family reunion...' and I'm like, 'mum, I swear, I'm in Europe!' It's insane!"
Kate spoke up about being photographed by paparazzi at an event, "I enjoy the red carpet for the first 10 minutes and then I'm like, 'Alright....let's go.' " She smiled and added, "Sometimes the photographers get really bossy, like 'blow a kiss!', 'smile!' and I think, 'You don't know Mr., you're not a model! This outfit is meant to be fierce, it doesn't go with smiling!' When I first did red carpets, I used to listen and do what they said - but now I don't."
In London, Kate, who is an ambassador for Gillette, had a role to promote men's grooming campaign. "Being groomed is about confidence, and I'm always talking about women's confidence but men's confidence is important too," she said, "I don't really have a dealbreaker in grooming, because I think if a man is confident and walks into the room that way, I just fall for it. Tom Ford is the perfect example of great grooming."
The model, who appeared in movie "The Three Stooges", claimed that she got her confidence from her mother, saying, "My mother always taught me that smiling when you walk into a room is the best beauty secret, so if I'm nervous when I walk in I just smile, and I think everyone warms to you quicker that way."
She continued, "Sometimes people look stern when I come on set, just because they're concentrating or getting ready for their day, but I'll chat and smile and finally I break them down!"
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video