Kate Upton on Reading Fake Rumors About Her: It 'Drives Me Crazy'
Kate Upton revealed that she's sick of fake rumors in tabloids about her life. In an interview with British Vogue published on July 3, she said of tabloids' obsession about her life, especially her love life, "READING things about myself that aren't true drives me crazy."
The star of "The Other Woman (2014)" revealed, "I've managed to block it out, but my family really hasn't - so they'll read about me and then call me up saying, 'Are you alright? I saw this happened' and my mum will call and say: 'Well, I saw you went to Vegas, when you could have come to the family reunion...' and I'm like, 'mum, I swear, I'm in Europe!' It's insane!"
Kate spoke up about being photographed by paparazzi at an event, "I enjoy the red carpet for the first 10 minutes and then I'm like, 'Alright....let's go.' " She smiled and added, "Sometimes the photographers get really bossy, like 'blow a kiss!', 'smile!' and I think, 'You don't know Mr., you're not a model! This outfit is meant to be fierce, it doesn't go with smiling!' When I first did red carpets, I used to listen and do what they said - but now I don't."
In London, Kate, who is an ambassador for Gillette, had a role to promote men's grooming campaign. "Being groomed is about confidence, and I'm always talking about women's confidence but men's confidence is important too," she said, "I don't really have a dealbreaker in grooming, because I think if a man is confident and walks into the room that way, I just fall for it. Tom Ford is the perfect example of great grooming."
The model, who appeared in movie "The Three Stooges", claimed that she got her confidence from her mother, saying, "My mother always taught me that smiling when you walk into a room is the best beauty secret, so if I'm nervous when I walk in I just smile, and I think everyone warms to you quicker that way."
She continued, "Sometimes people look stern when I come on set, just because they're concentrating or getting ready for their day, but I'll chat and smile and finally I break them down!"
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?