Chris Martin Is No Longer Vegetarian After Marriage Separation
Chris Martin revealed that he's no longer on a meat-free diet in an interview with BBC Radio 2 "Steve Wright in the Afternoon" on July 1. When asked if he's still vegetarian, the frontman of Coldplay replied, "Well, not really."
The host then asked curiously, "What do you mean 'not really'?" Chris, who was labeled World's Sexiest Vegetarian in 2005 by PETA, explained, "Well, I eat meat. I was vegetarian for quite a long time and then for various reasons I changed. My daughter's vegetarian since she was born, so I keep getting tempted to go back. I don't eat very much meat."
"I felt like you should only eat something that you'd be able to kill...," the English singer-songwriter added, "You know, could you kill a fish? I wouldn't like it, but I probably could, so I'll eat the fish. But a giraffe..."
The "Midnight" crooner paused for a second and then joked, "I don't know why on earth we're talking about this. I've gotta stop talking-this will be some kind of headline."
Chris opened up about his life after his "conscious uncoupling" from Gwyneth Paltrow, saying, "You can choose your paths in life, I find, when you get to a point where you're like, 'I could either jump off a bridge or I could try and turn this around. I'm sure lots of people have that in much harder instances. You just find the right tools."
"I feel so grateful," the 37-year-old singer added, "Especially over the last couple of years, music has been alchemising. Going through something difficult in your life, music for me is always a friend and something that helps you to figure things out. That's always what I'm doing in the middle of the night. I'm very grateful to be here. Every day is a blessing. That's how I feel."
Chris and Gwyneth married in 2003. They have two children together, Apple and Moses. The couple announced their separation in March.
More Chris Martin News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell