Nicolas Cage Is First-Time Grandfather
Nicolas Cage is officially a grandfather after his son Weston Cage welcomed his first baby boy with his wife, Danielle. "Lucian Augustus Coppola Cage was born on July 1, 2014 at 3:14 p.m.," a representative for the couple told Us Weekly.
The lead vocalist of the disbanded black metal band Eyes of Noctum wrote on his Facebook page on July 2, "Our beautiful son was born yesterday. Truly a perfect child from a perfect Mother and a warrior Father. There will be no photographs as of now but in time his gorgeous smile will be seen."
The couple picked the baby's name months before his birth. "Lucian is of Romanian descent, which is what I am," Danielle said, "and Augustus is taken from Weston's grandfather."
Honoring the former literature professor who died of heart attack at the age of 75, Wes added, "We honor him very much. He was of extreme brilliance. He was a genius."
Wes and his wife shared the news of the pregnancy in February. They said that Nicolas Cage was "ecstatic" after learning of the news. The happy couple also added that they wanted more children later, saying, "We were both only children, so having multiples would be nice."
Weston Coppola Cage, who made acting appearances with his dad in "Rage" and "Lord of War", married his manager Danielle in November 2013. Formerly, he was a husband to singer Nikki Williams, whom he divorced after both got arrested for domestic violence against each other.
In addition to the happy news of his son's birth, Wes is waiting to deliver another joy through his debut solo album. The first single will be released in September, while the full album, "Prehistoric Dichotomy", will hit the stores in February.
Weston is Cage's son from his former relationship with Christina Fulton. He also has an eight-year-old son, Kal-El, with his wife of 10 years Alice Kim, 40.
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap