Video: Joan Rivers Calls Michelle Obama 'Tranny'
Joan Rivers made a controversial comment about President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama during a recent outing. The 81-year-old comedian was caught on camera having a chat with a journalist on the street as she walked into a building. Rivers made headlines this week after she officiated an impromptu gay wedding at her book signing in New York. The man then asked her opinion if the U.S. will have a gay president one day.
"We already have it with Obama, so let's just calm down," she replied as she continued walking. Rivers then added, "You know Michelle is a tranny." The man, who sounded shocked with her comment, asked her to clarify, "I'm sorry, she's a what?" Rivers told him, "A transgender. We all know."
On Monday, June 30, a man who attended an event for her new book "Diary of a Mad Diva" in New York City asked her in front of 400 audience members if she could marry him and his partner. "It says in your book, you're an ordained minister. Can you marry me and my boyfriend?" the man said. Rivers said yes.
Rivers then took to Instagram to share a photo of the newly-married couple, Jed Ryan and Joseph Aiello, and congratulated them. "This really happened! At my Q&A/book-signing last night at Barnes & Noble in NYC, a man in the audience expressed his wish that I marry him and his partner. What's a licensed ordained minister like myself to do? I married them right then and there. Congratulations Joe & Jed! #joanrivers," she wrote.
More Joan Rivers News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones