Video: Joan Rivers Calls Michelle Obama 'Tranny'
Joan Rivers made a controversial comment about President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama during a recent outing. The 81-year-old comedian was caught on camera having a chat with a journalist on the street as she walked into a building. Rivers made headlines this week after she officiated an impromptu gay wedding at her book signing in New York. The man then asked her opinion if the U.S. will have a gay president one day.
"We already have it with Obama, so let's just calm down," she replied as she continued walking. Rivers then added, "You know Michelle is a tranny." The man, who sounded shocked with her comment, asked her to clarify, "I'm sorry, she's a what?" Rivers told him, "A transgender. We all know."
On Monday, June 30, a man who attended an event for her new book "Diary of a Mad Diva" in New York City asked her in front of 400 audience members if she could marry him and his partner. "It says in your book, you're an ordained minister. Can you marry me and my boyfriend?" the man said. Rivers said yes.
Rivers then took to Instagram to share a photo of the newly-married couple, Jed Ryan and Joseph Aiello, and congratulated them. "This really happened! At my Q&A/book-signing last night at Barnes & Noble in NYC, a man in the audience expressed his wish that I marry him and his partner. What's a licensed ordained minister like myself to do? I married them right then and there. Congratulations Joe & Jed! #joanrivers," she wrote.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!