Jennifer Hudson Announces New Album 'JHUD'
Jennifer Hudson has revealed the title of her forthcoming third album. Speaking to WPGC in Washington, D.C., the singer announced that the follow-up to 2011's "I Remember Me" would simply be called "JHUD".
"It's different expressions of me as an artist, a girl, a music lover," she said of the album, which is a reflection of the woman she has become in the past three years. The LP is due out in mid-August via RCA Records.
The '70s-inspired "JHUD" has already spawned "I Can't Describe (The Way I Feel)", a Pharrell Williams-produced track that features T.I.; "Walk It Out", produced by Timbaland; and R. Kelly-assisted "It's Your World" which the singer debuted at the 2014 BET Awards on Sunday, June 29.
In an interview with V magazine earlier this year, Hudson explained that she wanted to showcase her strength as an artist with her new full-length. "Earlier in my career I was just a soloist singing other people's songs. Now I really want to be an artist. I want to lift the people up, have fun, create a moment. I have my own visions that I want to bring to life," she shared.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked