Jennifer Hudson Announces New Album 'JHUD'
Jennifer Hudson has revealed the title of her forthcoming third album. Speaking to WPGC in Washington, D.C., the singer announced that the follow-up to 2011's "I Remember Me" would simply be called "JHUD".
"It's different expressions of me as an artist, a girl, a music lover," she said of the album, which is a reflection of the woman she has become in the past three years. The LP is due out in mid-August via RCA Records.
The '70s-inspired "JHUD" has already spawned "I Can't Describe (The Way I Feel)", a Pharrell Williams-produced track that features T.I.; "Walk It Out", produced by Timbaland; and R. Kelly-assisted "It's Your World" which the singer debuted at the 2014 BET Awards on Sunday, June 29.
In an interview with V magazine earlier this year, Hudson explained that she wanted to showcase her strength as an artist with her new full-length. "Earlier in my career I was just a soloist singing other people's songs. Now I really want to be an artist. I want to lift the people up, have fun, create a moment. I have my own visions that I want to bring to life," she shared.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked