Jennifer Hudson Announces New Album 'JHUD'
Jennifer Hudson has revealed the title of her forthcoming third album. Speaking to WPGC in Washington, D.C., the singer announced that the follow-up to 2011's "I Remember Me" would simply be called "JHUD".
"It's different expressions of me as an artist, a girl, a music lover," she said of the album, which is a reflection of the woman she has become in the past three years. The LP is due out in mid-August via RCA Records.
The '70s-inspired "JHUD" has already spawned "I Can't Describe (The Way I Feel)", a Pharrell Williams-produced track that features T.I.; "Walk It Out", produced by Timbaland; and R. Kelly-assisted "It's Your World" which the singer debuted at the 2014 BET Awards on Sunday, June 29.
In an interview with V magazine earlier this year, Hudson explained that she wanted to showcase her strength as an artist with her new full-length. "Earlier in my career I was just a soloist singing other people's songs. Now I really want to be an artist. I want to lift the people up, have fun, create a moment. I have my own visions that I want to bring to life," she shared.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival