Jennifer Hudson Announces New Album 'JHUD'
Jennifer Hudson has revealed the title of her forthcoming third album. Speaking to WPGC in Washington, D.C., the singer announced that the follow-up to 2011's "I Remember Me" would simply be called "JHUD".
"It's different expressions of me as an artist, a girl, a music lover," she said of the album, which is a reflection of the woman she has become in the past three years. The LP is due out in mid-August via RCA Records.
The '70s-inspired "JHUD" has already spawned "I Can't Describe (The Way I Feel)", a Pharrell Williams-produced track that features T.I.; "Walk It Out", produced by Timbaland; and R. Kelly-assisted "It's Your World" which the singer debuted at the 2014 BET Awards on Sunday, June 29.
In an interview with V magazine earlier this year, Hudson explained that she wanted to showcase her strength as an artist with her new full-length. "Earlier in my career I was just a soloist singing other people's songs. Now I really want to be an artist. I want to lift the people up, have fun, create a moment. I have my own visions that I want to bring to life," she shared.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7