Jennifer Hudson Announces New Album 'JHUD'
Jennifer Hudson has revealed the title of her forthcoming third album. Speaking to WPGC in Washington, D.C., the singer announced that the follow-up to 2011's "I Remember Me" would simply be called "JHUD".
"It's different expressions of me as an artist, a girl, a music lover," she said of the album, which is a reflection of the woman she has become in the past three years. The LP is due out in mid-August via RCA Records.
The '70s-inspired "JHUD" has already spawned "I Can't Describe (The Way I Feel)", a Pharrell Williams-produced track that features T.I.; "Walk It Out", produced by Timbaland; and R. Kelly-assisted "It's Your World" which the singer debuted at the 2014 BET Awards on Sunday, June 29.
In an interview with V magazine earlier this year, Hudson explained that she wanted to showcase her strength as an artist with her new full-length. "Earlier in my career I was just a soloist singing other people's songs. Now I really want to be an artist. I want to lift the people up, have fun, create a moment. I have my own visions that I want to bring to life," she shared.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo