Mya Denies Jay-Z Affair: 'Never Did, Never Was, Never Will'
R&B singer Mya denied the sparking rumor that she and Jay-Z had been secretly dating for a long time, calling it another "illegitimate" attempt by the media to craft "ratings and numbers." She wrote on her Instagram on Thursday, July 3, "Never did, never was, never will. Illegitimate, thirsty sources with no facts and that's the 'media' for you-especially today."
The statement was a response to a user asking about the rumor. "Heard you and Jay-Z had an 11-year affair," the fan wrote, "Are you his side chick or nah?"
The speculation came after Beyonce Knowles' fans claimed she hinted at her husband's infidelity in a concert during their "On the Run" tour on Saturday, July 28. Performing "Resentment", which is about man's infidelity, in a white suit and bridal veil, the 32-year-old mother changed the lyrics from "been riding with you for six years" into "been riding with you for twelve years." Considering her relationship with Jay-Z that has lasted for 12 years, fans quickly speculated that the track was about adultery in her own marriage.
A recent blind item suggested that the "99 Problems" rapper had been dating and financially supporting Mya for a long time. Mya refuted the claim, writing, "I play second to no one, pay my own bills, have my own label, own management company, rely on God only and respect myself & marriage too much for nonsense."
The singer continued, "False rumors are crafted for ratings & numbers. And miserable, unhappy people need someone to judge to deter the attention away from their own misery and feel better about their miserable lives. If they did it to Jesus, they'll do it to anyone. God bless."
Jay-Z has not responded to the rumor. Meanwhile, although Beyonce hasn't specifically addressed the speculations over her "Resentment" incident or Jay-Z's cheating rumor, the singer posted happy pictures of her family in her blog which seemed to indicate that her marriage is alright.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics