Mya Denies Jay-Z Affair: 'Never Did, Never Was, Never Will'
R&B singer Mya denied the sparking rumor that she and Jay-Z had been secretly dating for a long time, calling it another "illegitimate" attempt by the media to craft "ratings and numbers." She wrote on her Instagram on Thursday, July 3, "Never did, never was, never will. Illegitimate, thirsty sources with no facts and that's the 'media' for you-especially today."
The statement was a response to a user asking about the rumor. "Heard you and Jay-Z had an 11-year affair," the fan wrote, "Are you his side chick or nah?"
The speculation came after Beyonce Knowles' fans claimed she hinted at her husband's infidelity in a concert during their "On the Run" tour on Saturday, July 28. Performing "Resentment", which is about man's infidelity, in a white suit and bridal veil, the 32-year-old mother changed the lyrics from "been riding with you for six years" into "been riding with you for twelve years." Considering her relationship with Jay-Z that has lasted for 12 years, fans quickly speculated that the track was about adultery in her own marriage.
A recent blind item suggested that the "99 Problems" rapper had been dating and financially supporting Mya for a long time. Mya refuted the claim, writing, "I play second to no one, pay my own bills, have my own label, own management company, rely on God only and respect myself & marriage too much for nonsense."
The singer continued, "False rumors are crafted for ratings & numbers. And miserable, unhappy people need someone to judge to deter the attention away from their own misery and feel better about their miserable lives. If they did it to Jesus, they'll do it to anyone. God bless."
Jay-Z has not responded to the rumor. Meanwhile, although Beyonce hasn't specifically addressed the speculations over her "Resentment" incident or Jay-Z's cheating rumor, the singer posted happy pictures of her family in her blog which seemed to indicate that her marriage is alright.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby