'Jimi: All Is by My Side' Trailer Captures Hendrix's Pre-Fame Years
The first trailer of "Jimi: All Is by My Side" has been released featuring Andre Benjamin who has an uncanny resemblance to the rock legend Jimi Hendrix. The trailer shows Hendrix circa 1966-67 before he got really famous, working his way to become a guitar god on the London streets and clubs.
"You want things to change?" Benjamin's Hendrix asked in the trailer. "When the power of love takes over from the love of power - that's when things will change." Then someone told him, "You've never been nothin' to them but a curiosity."
The film reportedly has not secured the music rights to Hendrix's catalog, which is one of the reasons why it focuses on the years before he made it. The film also sheds light on the lovers, friends, and musical collaborators, who helped him get there. Hayley Atwell, Imogen Poots, and Ruth Negga are in supporting cast.
"All Is by My Side" is written by "12 Years a Slave" scribe John Ridley who also directs the film. It premiered at the Toronto Film Festival to strong notices last year and will open in theaters September 26 via Open Road and XLrator.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut