'Jimi: All Is by My Side' Trailer Captures Hendrix's Pre-Fame Years
The first trailer of "Jimi: All Is by My Side" has been released featuring Andre Benjamin who has an uncanny resemblance to the rock legend Jimi Hendrix. The trailer shows Hendrix circa 1966-67 before he got really famous, working his way to become a guitar god on the London streets and clubs.
"You want things to change?" Benjamin's Hendrix asked in the trailer. "When the power of love takes over from the love of power - that's when things will change." Then someone told him, "You've never been nothin' to them but a curiosity."
The film reportedly has not secured the music rights to Hendrix's catalog, which is one of the reasons why it focuses on the years before he made it. The film also sheds light on the lovers, friends, and musical collaborators, who helped him get there. Hayley Atwell, Imogen Poots, and Ruth Negga are in supporting cast.
"All Is by My Side" is written by "12 Years a Slave" scribe John Ridley who also directs the film. It premiered at the Toronto Film Festival to strong notices last year and will open in theaters September 26 via Open Road and XLrator.
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat