'Jimi: All Is by My Side' Trailer Captures Hendrix's Pre-Fame Years
The first trailer of "Jimi: All Is by My Side" has been released featuring Andre Benjamin who has an uncanny resemblance to the rock legend Jimi Hendrix. The trailer shows Hendrix circa 1966-67 before he got really famous, working his way to become a guitar god on the London streets and clubs.
"You want things to change?" Benjamin's Hendrix asked in the trailer. "When the power of love takes over from the love of power - that's when things will change." Then someone told him, "You've never been nothin' to them but a curiosity."
The film reportedly has not secured the music rights to Hendrix's catalog, which is one of the reasons why it focuses on the years before he made it. The film also sheds light on the lovers, friends, and musical collaborators, who helped him get there. Hayley Atwell, Imogen Poots, and Ruth Negga are in supporting cast.
"All Is by My Side" is written by "12 Years a Slave" scribe John Ridley who also directs the film. It premiered at the Toronto Film Festival to strong notices last year and will open in theaters September 26 via Open Road and XLrator.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift