Five Garth Brooks Shows May Be Ruined After Two Dates Get Canceled
Garth Brooks was initially scheduled to play five shows in Dublin, Ireland, later this month. However, 400,000 fans with tickets to the shows may be all left disappointed after Dublin City Council refused permission for two of those five gigs.
Brooks has reacted to the cancellation. In a statement released on Thursday, July 3, the country star said that he wanted to play the five scheduled concerts or "none at all." "I can't thank the people of Ireland enough for how welcome they have made me feel," he wrote. "I have faith that Dublin City Council will make the best decision for the people of Ireland."
"For us, it is five shows or none at all," he added. "To choose which shows to do and which shows not to do, would be like asking to choose one child over another. However this plays out, Ireland has my heart and always will."
Brooks was originally set to play at Croke Park stadium on Friday, July 25 until Tuesday, July 29. The first three dates have been given permission by the city council, while the rest two are axed in order to "minimize disruption to the neighborhood in which the concerts are to take place."
Following the ruling, Dublin's Aviva Stadium offered to host the remaining gigs. However, that likely won't happen because of the sheer amount of equipment that would have to be moved.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!