Five Garth Brooks Shows May Be Ruined After Two Dates Get Canceled
Garth Brooks was initially scheduled to play five shows in Dublin, Ireland, later this month. However, 400,000 fans with tickets to the shows may be all left disappointed after Dublin City Council refused permission for two of those five gigs.
Brooks has reacted to the cancellation. In a statement released on Thursday, July 3, the country star said that he wanted to play the five scheduled concerts or "none at all." "I can't thank the people of Ireland enough for how welcome they have made me feel," he wrote. "I have faith that Dublin City Council will make the best decision for the people of Ireland."
"For us, it is five shows or none at all," he added. "To choose which shows to do and which shows not to do, would be like asking to choose one child over another. However this plays out, Ireland has my heart and always will."
Brooks was originally set to play at Croke Park stadium on Friday, July 25 until Tuesday, July 29. The first three dates have been given permission by the city council, while the rest two are axed in order to "minimize disruption to the neighborhood in which the concerts are to take place."
Following the ruling, Dublin's Aviva Stadium offered to host the remaining gigs. However, that likely won't happen because of the sheer amount of equipment that would have to be moved.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!