Five Garth Brooks Shows May Be Ruined After Two Dates Get Canceled
Garth Brooks was initially scheduled to play five shows in Dublin, Ireland, later this month. However, 400,000 fans with tickets to the shows may be all left disappointed after Dublin City Council refused permission for two of those five gigs.
Brooks has reacted to the cancellation. In a statement released on Thursday, July 3, the country star said that he wanted to play the five scheduled concerts or "none at all." "I can't thank the people of Ireland enough for how welcome they have made me feel," he wrote. "I have faith that Dublin City Council will make the best decision for the people of Ireland."
"For us, it is five shows or none at all," he added. "To choose which shows to do and which shows not to do, would be like asking to choose one child over another. However this plays out, Ireland has my heart and always will."
Brooks was originally set to play at Croke Park stadium on Friday, July 25 until Tuesday, July 29. The first three dates have been given permission by the city council, while the rest two are axed in order to "minimize disruption to the neighborhood in which the concerts are to take place."
Following the ruling, Dublin's Aviva Stadium offered to host the remaining gigs. However, that likely won't happen because of the sheer amount of equipment that would have to be moved.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?