Five Garth Brooks Shows May Be Ruined After Two Dates Get Canceled
Garth Brooks was initially scheduled to play five shows in Dublin, Ireland, later this month. However, 400,000 fans with tickets to the shows may be all left disappointed after Dublin City Council refused permission for two of those five gigs.
Brooks has reacted to the cancellation. In a statement released on Thursday, July 3, the country star said that he wanted to play the five scheduled concerts or "none at all." "I can't thank the people of Ireland enough for how welcome they have made me feel," he wrote. "I have faith that Dublin City Council will make the best decision for the people of Ireland."
"For us, it is five shows or none at all," he added. "To choose which shows to do and which shows not to do, would be like asking to choose one child over another. However this plays out, Ireland has my heart and always will."
Brooks was originally set to play at Croke Park stadium on Friday, July 25 until Tuesday, July 29. The first three dates have been given permission by the city council, while the rest two are axed in order to "minimize disruption to the neighborhood in which the concerts are to take place."
Following the ruling, Dublin's Aviva Stadium offered to host the remaining gigs. However, that likely won't happen because of the sheer amount of equipment that would have to be moved.
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding