Bryan Singer Files Motion to Dismiss 'John Doe' Sex Abuse Case
Bryan Singer has filed a motion to dismiss a sex abuse lawsuit launched by an unnamed British actor. The motion, which was filed on Thursday, July 3 in Los Angeles, mentioned that there was no legal basis for the lawsuit and that it was improperly filed anonymously by a man referred to as "John Doe 117". The director of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" additionally demanded a $300,000 bond to cover litigation costs, which are expected to be "exorbitant."
Jeff Herman, an attorney for Michael Egan who previously also filed a sex abuse lawsuit against Singer in Hawaii, filed the suit on the behalf of John Doe 117 in May. In the suit, which also named Broadway producer Gary Goddard, the unnamed man claimed that the two men were "starting grabbing John Doe in a sexual manner" in a hotel suite in London after a "Superman" movie party when he was a teenager.
Both Singer and Goddard denied the accusations. Singer's lawyer, Marty Singer, said back then that the allegations were "totally untrue." Goddard's lawyer, Alan Grodin, stated, "It is a shame that the specious claim made by Herman in the Egan case has resulted in this new claim that we note is over 10 years old. For now we will say the claims are denied and Gary will vigorously defend."
Goddard filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit launched by John Doe in mid-June. A hearing for the motions is set to take place on August 18.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri