Video: Lady GaGa Joins Tony Bennett Onstage at Montreal Jazz Festival
Lady GaGa made an unexpected appearance during Tony Bennett's set at the Montreal Jazz Festival in Canada earlier this week. Bennett had performed some of his songs at the event when he introduced the pop star, who later appeared onstage wearing a beaded white sequin gown with a white cape.
The two singers excited the crowd with the live performance of some tracks off their upcoming joint jazz album, "Cheek to Cheek". According to an audience member, the duo "sang a few duets together and some solos side by side."
"He sang 'Sophisticated Lady' to her and dedicated his song 'The Good Life' to 'my good friend Lady GaGa,' " the audience member told Page Six.
"Cheek to Cheek" has been pushed back several times. Initially planned to be released earlier this year, the record is now scheduled to arrive "later in 2014," Interscope has said. During her appearance at the festival, GaGa told the crowd that the album would be "the end of the beginning of my career."
More Lady GaGa News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest