'OITNB' Star Taryn Manning's Ex-Friend Charged With Stalking the Actress
Taryn Manning has pressed charges against a woman who is described as her ex-friend for allegedly stalking her, Page Six reports. According to a source at the law enforcement office, the woman named Jeanine Heller showed up at Manhattan Criminal Court on Wednesday, July 2.
Heller, who allegedly bombarded the "Orange Is the New Black" actress with hundreds of e-mails and text messages between April and July, was released without bail. However, Judge Lisa Sokoloff issued an order of protection for Manning, her mother Sharon and their family dog "Penguin."
"The last person who violated my orders of protection is now in jail," the judge told Heller during the court meeting. Heller's next court appearance has been scheduled for August 6.
Manning plays a homophobic character Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett on the popular Netflix series. In real life, the 35-year-old star admitted that she was nothing like that. "I think most of my friends are gay men. I'm just so drawn to [gay] guys, [gay] guys rule and that's why I'm nothing like my character on Orange Is the New Black," she told Us Weekly at an event to support LGBT community on June 26.
"I think some people who are small-minded associate me with that character. There's a lot of conflict in playing her sometimes because that's so not me. She's prejudiced and so anti-gay," she added.
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'