'OITNB' Star Taryn Manning's Ex-Friend Charged With Stalking the Actress
Taryn Manning has pressed charges against a woman who is described as her ex-friend for allegedly stalking her, Page Six reports. According to a source at the law enforcement office, the woman named Jeanine Heller showed up at Manhattan Criminal Court on Wednesday, July 2.
Heller, who allegedly bombarded the "Orange Is the New Black" actress with hundreds of e-mails and text messages between April and July, was released without bail. However, Judge Lisa Sokoloff issued an order of protection for Manning, her mother Sharon and their family dog "Penguin."
"The last person who violated my orders of protection is now in jail," the judge told Heller during the court meeting. Heller's next court appearance has been scheduled for August 6.
Manning plays a homophobic character Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett on the popular Netflix series. In real life, the 35-year-old star admitted that she was nothing like that. "I think most of my friends are gay men. I'm just so drawn to [gay] guys, [gay] guys rule and that's why I'm nothing like my character on Orange Is the New Black," she told Us Weekly at an event to support LGBT community on June 26.
"I think some people who are small-minded associate me with that character. There's a lot of conflict in playing her sometimes because that's so not me. She's prejudiced and so anti-gay," she added.
More Taryn Manning News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off