'OITNB' Star Taryn Manning's Ex-Friend Charged With Stalking the Actress
Taryn Manning has pressed charges against a woman who is described as her ex-friend for allegedly stalking her, Page Six reports. According to a source at the law enforcement office, the woman named Jeanine Heller showed up at Manhattan Criminal Court on Wednesday, July 2.
Heller, who allegedly bombarded the "Orange Is the New Black" actress with hundreds of e-mails and text messages between April and July, was released without bail. However, Judge Lisa Sokoloff issued an order of protection for Manning, her mother Sharon and their family dog "Penguin."
"The last person who violated my orders of protection is now in jail," the judge told Heller during the court meeting. Heller's next court appearance has been scheduled for August 6.
Manning plays a homophobic character Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett on the popular Netflix series. In real life, the 35-year-old star admitted that she was nothing like that. "I think most of my friends are gay men. I'm just so drawn to [gay] guys, [gay] guys rule and that's why I'm nothing like my character on Orange Is the New Black," she told Us Weekly at an event to support LGBT community on June 26.
"I think some people who are small-minded associate me with that character. There's a lot of conflict in playing her sometimes because that's so not me. She's prejudiced and so anti-gay," she added.
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts