Katy Perry Accused of Stealing 'Dark Horse' From a Christian Rapper
Katy Perry is being sued by a Christian rapper over her hit song "Dark Horse". The hip-hop artist named Flame and his producers claim that the pop superstar's chart-topping single is a rip-off of his 2008 gospel hip-hop song entitled "Joyful Noise".
In a lawsuit filed earlier this week in Michigan federal court, Flame and his collaborators also say that Perry affected their reputation in the Christian music world because they're now associated with the anti-Christian witchcraft imagery that appears in the "Dark Horse" music video.
"By any measure, the devoutly religious message of 'Joyful Noise' has been irreparably tarnished by its association with the witchcraft, paganism, black magic, and Illuminati imagery evoked by the same music in 'Dark Horse'," states the lawsuit. The plaintiffs are now seeking for damages and demanding that she stop using their music immediately.
Flame won a Gospel Music Association Dove Award for "Joyful Noise" after the song came out six years ago. The song appears in "Our World: Redeemed" album which was nominated for the Best Rock/Rap Gospel Album at the Grammys.
As for "Dark Horse", the Juicy J-featured track appears in Perry's "Prism" which hit No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release last year.
More Katy Perry News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked