Clark Gregg: Phil Coulson Is a 'Very Different' Guy on 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 2
What has happened on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season 1 will change Phil Coulson into a different person in season 2. Teasing the upcoming installment, series regular Clark Gregg tells IGN, "He's a very different Coulson than the guy who everyone knew."
He elaborates, "A lot of people who knew him in the old days say, 'He's different.' I think you would have to be different having gone through that stuff. So I think he's reinventing himself and re-understanding himself as a person anyway, which is probably really necessary to taking in the new environment and figuring out what SHIELD ought to be in a way that it doesn't get rotten again."
The actor, who also starred in Marvel's films "Iron Man" and "The Avengers", goes on sharing what changes in season 2, "So we go from having no SHIELD at all, with a director on the run, to a tiny Guerrilla SHIELD with Agent Coulson at its head, and maybe not in his own right head. That sounds fun. That sounds like an interesting season 2."
"S.H.I.E.L.D." writers have recently assembled to begin mapping out the story for season 2. The show will return this fall on Tuesdays at 9/8c on ABC.
More Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal