Clark Gregg: Phil Coulson Is a 'Very Different' Guy on 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 2
What has happened on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season 1 will change Phil Coulson into a different person in season 2. Teasing the upcoming installment, series regular Clark Gregg tells IGN, "He's a very different Coulson than the guy who everyone knew."
He elaborates, "A lot of people who knew him in the old days say, 'He's different.' I think you would have to be different having gone through that stuff. So I think he's reinventing himself and re-understanding himself as a person anyway, which is probably really necessary to taking in the new environment and figuring out what SHIELD ought to be in a way that it doesn't get rotten again."
The actor, who also starred in Marvel's films "Iron Man" and "The Avengers", goes on sharing what changes in season 2, "So we go from having no SHIELD at all, with a director on the run, to a tiny Guerrilla SHIELD with Agent Coulson at its head, and maybe not in his own right head. That sounds fun. That sounds like an interesting season 2."
"S.H.I.E.L.D." writers have recently assembled to begin mapping out the story for season 2. The show will return this fall on Tuesdays at 9/8c on ABC.
More Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video