Promo for Lifetime's New Series 'The Lottery': Human Is Endangered Species
Lifetime's "The Lottery" imagines the world in a dystopian future where women have mysteriously stopped bearing children. A trailer for the new series depicts what it would like if the world were struck by global infertility, with no child having been born in 5 years.
As the human race is on the brink of extinction, Dr. Alison Lennon (Marley Shelton) and her team remarkably fertilize 100 embryos. The U.S. government soon takes control of the lab and holds a national lottery to determine which women will carry the prized embryos, and a battle over the control of the 100 embryos begins.
Michael Graziadei joins the cast as Kyle, a recovering alcoholic and single father of one of the last children born in the country. David Alpay stars as James, Alison's colleague and lab assistant. Martin Donovan plays Director of the U.S. Fertility Commission, Darius Hayes, while Yul Vasquez plays the POTUS. Shelley Conn portrays Gabrielle, the First Lady.
The drama thriller from Oscar-nominated screenwriter Timothy J. Sexton premieres Sunday, July 20 at 10/9c on Lifetime.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics