Promo for Lifetime's New Series 'The Lottery': Human Is Endangered Species
Lifetime's "The Lottery" imagines the world in a dystopian future where women have mysteriously stopped bearing children. A trailer for the new series depicts what it would like if the world were struck by global infertility, with no child having been born in 5 years.
As the human race is on the brink of extinction, Dr. Alison Lennon (Marley Shelton) and her team remarkably fertilize 100 embryos. The U.S. government soon takes control of the lab and holds a national lottery to determine which women will carry the prized embryos, and a battle over the control of the 100 embryos begins.
Michael Graziadei joins the cast as Kyle, a recovering alcoholic and single father of one of the last children born in the country. David Alpay stars as James, Alison's colleague and lab assistant. Martin Donovan plays Director of the U.S. Fertility Commission, Darius Hayes, while Yul Vasquez plays the POTUS. Shelley Conn portrays Gabrielle, the First Lady.
The drama thriller from Oscar-nominated screenwriter Timothy J. Sexton premieres Sunday, July 20 at 10/9c on Lifetime.
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board