Katherine Heigl Regrets Doing Too Many Romantic Comedies
Katherine Heigl talks about her career in the latest issue of Marie Claire U.K. where she serves as the cover girl. The actress felt taking so many parts in romantic comedies had derailed her career. Looking back at her old days as a romcom queen, she regrets for not taking more challenging roles.
"I had an amazing time. I love romantic comedies. I was so stoked to be doing them. But maybe I hit it a little too hard. I couldn't say no. There's nothing wrong with them, but maybe I overloaded my audience. I should have done a superhero movie or a psychological thriller," the mother of two said.
"I stopped challenging myself," the 35-year-old actress continued. "It became a bit by rote and, as a creative person, that can wear you down. That was part of why I took that time off, to ask myself, 'What do I want? What am I looking for?' and shut down all the noise."
According to her, she came to a point where she felt betrayed by Hollywood and needed to stay away for a while. "This thing that was my best friend for a long time suddenly turned on me," she explained. "And I didn't expect it. I was taken by surprise and angry at it for betraying me."
Heigl now returns to television. She plays a main character on NBC's new drama series "State of Affairs". "I feel like I'm finally rolling into the next phase of my adulthood," she said. "We made a deal [with the producers of 'State of Affairs'] that we will only do 15 episodes a season, so I can go back to Utah and do all the things that inspire me."
Still, she said, "There's still a part of me that's a Hollywood animal as well."
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6