FXX Orders Jay Baruchel Comedy 'Man Seeking Woman' to Series
FXX has ordered 10 episodes of Jay Baruchel starrer comedy series "Man Seeking Woman". In a statement released on Wednesday, July 2, the network explains that Baruchel will play a naive romantic man named Josh Greenberg who is "on a desperate quest for love."
The new series is based on Simon Rich's book of short stories "The Last Girlfriend on Earth". Rich wrote the pilot with Jonathan Krisel directing. Also starring Eric Andre, Britt Lower and Maya Erskine, it is scheduled to premiere in 2015.
"I'm incredibly grateful to Jon Krisel, Jay Baruchel and Broadway Video for bringing my book to life," Rich said in the statement. "Most of all, I'm thankful to John Landgraf and his team at FXX, who believed in us from the start and gave us great advice at every turn."
"Simon Rich has delivered a wholly original, hilarious and fantastical view of single life that features an incredible performance from Jay Baruchel," said Nick Grad, President of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions, who shares the position with Eric Schrier.
Rich, a former "Saturday Night Live" writer, also serves as the executive producer/showrunner alongside Krisel. Andrew Singer and Lorne Michaels, meanwhile, will be the executive producers.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?