Iggy Azalea 'Unbothered' by Nicki Minaj's Supposed Diss at BET Awards
Iggy Azalea has responded to reports claiming that Nicki Minaj was dissing her in the acceptance speech she made at the BET Awards on Sunday, June 29. The Australian rapper shared her opinion about the whole situation in a message posted on her Instagram on Wednesday, July 2.
"This is my mind state about everything & the only time, I'm ever going to refer to this again so go nuts guys," she wrote, captioning a longer statement in which she said that she's "unbothered" by anything that happened at the event and that she's tired of people trying to drag her into "wars" with other artists.
"I have to say the general explosion of pettiness online in the last few days is hard to ignore and honestly ... lame," she wrote. "If I had won the BET Award that would've been great but it wasn't my year and I don't mind so you shouldn't either."
"Generally speaking, I'm unbothered by anything that 'happened' at the BET awards and just feel worn out by everyone trying to make me have wars with people all the time," she continued. "I hate to see everyone exhausting on my behalf over things that I'm still not 100% sure even exist and don't matter. Just let it go."
When accepting her Best Female Hip-Hop Artist award, Minaj allegedly took a jab at Iggy Azalea who's been rumored to use ghostwriters to pen her tracks. "What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it," the "Pills N Potions" hitmaker said onstage.
Just hours before Azalea made the statement above, Minaj insisted in a series of Twitter posts that she didn't throw shade at the "Fancy" rapper. "The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us! I believe we're smart enough to write down our own thoughts and perspective, just like the men do. I've been saying this for 5 YEARS," she wrote.
More Iggy Azalea News
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'