Lucy Hale Recalls 'Awkward' and 'Uncomfortable' Audition for 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
It's just revealed that Lucy Hale was among the hopefuls to land the female lead role in the sexually-charged movie "Fifty Shades of Grey". In a recent interview with MTV News, the "Pretty Little Liars" star recalled the audition as "awkward" and "very uncomfortable."
"I think any girl in my demographic would have loved to be a part of it," she explained her interest to play Anastasia Steele. "Mainly, I was just interested in doing something risky and doing something a little different than my character on 'PLL', so it took me out of my comfort zone."
But the audition was "awkward" and was "unlike any audition I have ever done before in my life," the 25-year-old brunette beauty said. "Let's just say I don't want my grandmother watching this audition tape," she joked.
"It actually was just me [in the audition]. It was a two-page monologue of exactly what you would think it would be," she added. "Very uncomfortable, but it was sort of one of those things where you just had to go for it or you're just gonna look lame - hopefully, I didn't look lame."
The adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel is due February 13, 2015. Directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, it stars Dakota Johnson as Anastasia and Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'