Lucy Hale Recalls 'Awkward' and 'Uncomfortable' Audition for 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
It's just revealed that Lucy Hale was among the hopefuls to land the female lead role in the sexually-charged movie "Fifty Shades of Grey". In a recent interview with MTV News, the "Pretty Little Liars" star recalled the audition as "awkward" and "very uncomfortable."
"I think any girl in my demographic would have loved to be a part of it," she explained her interest to play Anastasia Steele. "Mainly, I was just interested in doing something risky and doing something a little different than my character on 'PLL', so it took me out of my comfort zone."
But the audition was "awkward" and was "unlike any audition I have ever done before in my life," the 25-year-old brunette beauty said. "Let's just say I don't want my grandmother watching this audition tape," she joked.
"It actually was just me [in the audition]. It was a two-page monologue of exactly what you would think it would be," she added. "Very uncomfortable, but it was sort of one of those things where you just had to go for it or you're just gonna look lame - hopefully, I didn't look lame."
The adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel is due February 13, 2015. Directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, it stars Dakota Johnson as Anastasia and Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child