'War Story' Trailer: Catherine Keener Is War Photographer With PTSD
The first look into indie movie "War Story" has been released via a trailer. Featuring A-list actors like Catherine Keener and Ben Kingsley, the film was a Sundance Film Festival entry in the NEXT section earlier this year.
Lee (Keener) is a war photographer who has spent her adult life in the world's most treacherous conflict zones, documenting the catastrophes of others. "You're a woman who's decided to go into war zones and take pictures. You're a bit crazy to want to do that. I think now you are too crazy to stop," Kingsley's character tells Lee in the trailer.
In the movie, she has recently experienced her own horror after being taken hostage and brutalized in Libya. Instead of returning to New York where her concerned colleagues and loved ones anxiously await her, Lee detours to Sicily instead, where she holes up in a small hotel to weather her PTSD on her own terms, not far from the home of her former lover and mentor Albert (Kingsley).
As Lee struggles to recover from her psychic and physical wounds, she crosses paths with Hafsia (Hafsia Herzi), a young Tunisian migrant in need of an abortion and safe passage to France, who bears a striking resemblance to a Libyan girl Lee photographed just before her capture. Desperate to connect, Lee tries to help Hafsia, and conquer her own formidable demons in the process.
Directed by Mark Jackson, the film debuted on January 19, 2014 in Park City but will get a limited release in the U.S. on July 30.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC