'War Story' Trailer: Catherine Keener Is War Photographer With PTSD
The first look into indie movie "War Story" has been released via a trailer. Featuring A-list actors like Catherine Keener and Ben Kingsley, the film was a Sundance Film Festival entry in the NEXT section earlier this year.
Lee (Keener) is a war photographer who has spent her adult life in the world's most treacherous conflict zones, documenting the catastrophes of others. "You're a woman who's decided to go into war zones and take pictures. You're a bit crazy to want to do that. I think now you are too crazy to stop," Kingsley's character tells Lee in the trailer.
In the movie, she has recently experienced her own horror after being taken hostage and brutalized in Libya. Instead of returning to New York where her concerned colleagues and loved ones anxiously await her, Lee detours to Sicily instead, where she holes up in a small hotel to weather her PTSD on her own terms, not far from the home of her former lover and mentor Albert (Kingsley).
As Lee struggles to recover from her psychic and physical wounds, she crosses paths with Hafsia (Hafsia Herzi), a young Tunisian migrant in need of an abortion and safe passage to France, who bears a striking resemblance to a Libyan girl Lee photographed just before her capture. Desperate to connect, Lee tries to help Hafsia, and conquer her own formidable demons in the process.
Directed by Mark Jackson, the film debuted on January 19, 2014 in Park City but will get a limited release in the U.S. on July 30.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?