Ariana Grande Debuts 'Break Free' on 'TRL' Revival, Will Perform at MTV VMAs
After being teased for nearly two weeks, Ariana Grande's new single "Break Free" has finally premiered in full. The Nickelodeon star debuted the track on the one-day revival of MTV's "Total Request Live", dubbed "Total Ariana Live", on Wednesday, July 2.
The catchy, upbeat and dancey new track features production from EDM powerhouse Zedd. Its accompanying music video, which she said was inspired by Jane Fonda in 1960s sci-fi flick "Barbarella", has already been shot and is currently on the way.
"Break Free", serving as the follow-up to Iggy Azalea-assisted hit "Problem", is the second offering from Grande's upcoming sophomore album. Titled "My Everything", the record is scheduled to hit the stores on August 25.
One day before her album officially arrives, Grande will perform her new single at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards. The network has announced that the annual event will take place at the renovated, historic "Fabulous" Forum in Inglewood, California.
More Ariana Grande News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz