Ariana Grande Debuts 'Break Free' on 'TRL' Revival, Will Perform at MTV VMAs
After being teased for nearly two weeks, Ariana Grande's new single "Break Free" has finally premiered in full. The Nickelodeon star debuted the track on the one-day revival of MTV's "Total Request Live", dubbed "Total Ariana Live", on Wednesday, July 2.
The catchy, upbeat and dancey new track features production from EDM powerhouse Zedd. Its accompanying music video, which she said was inspired by Jane Fonda in 1960s sci-fi flick "Barbarella", has already been shot and is currently on the way.
"Break Free", serving as the follow-up to Iggy Azalea-assisted hit "Problem", is the second offering from Grande's upcoming sophomore album. Titled "My Everything", the record is scheduled to hit the stores on August 25.
One day before her album officially arrives, Grande will perform her new single at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards. The network has announced that the annual event will take place at the renovated, historic "Fabulous" Forum in Inglewood, California.
More Ariana Grande News
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?