Ariana Grande Debuts 'Break Free' on 'TRL' Revival, Will Perform at MTV VMAs
After being teased for nearly two weeks, Ariana Grande's new single "Break Free" has finally premiered in full. The Nickelodeon star debuted the track on the one-day revival of MTV's "Total Request Live", dubbed "Total Ariana Live", on Wednesday, July 2.
The catchy, upbeat and dancey new track features production from EDM powerhouse Zedd. Its accompanying music video, which she said was inspired by Jane Fonda in 1960s sci-fi flick "Barbarella", has already been shot and is currently on the way.
"Break Free", serving as the follow-up to Iggy Azalea-assisted hit "Problem", is the second offering from Grande's upcoming sophomore album. Titled "My Everything", the record is scheduled to hit the stores on August 25.
One day before her album officially arrives, Grande will perform her new single at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards. The network has announced that the annual event will take place at the renovated, historic "Fabulous" Forum in Inglewood, California.
More Ariana Grande News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding