Ariana Grande Debuts 'Break Free' on 'TRL' Revival, Will Perform at MTV VMAs
After being teased for nearly two weeks, Ariana Grande's new single "Break Free" has finally premiered in full. The Nickelodeon star debuted the track on the one-day revival of MTV's "Total Request Live", dubbed "Total Ariana Live", on Wednesday, July 2.
The catchy, upbeat and dancey new track features production from EDM powerhouse Zedd. Its accompanying music video, which she said was inspired by Jane Fonda in 1960s sci-fi flick "Barbarella", has already been shot and is currently on the way.
"Break Free", serving as the follow-up to Iggy Azalea-assisted hit "Problem", is the second offering from Grande's upcoming sophomore album. Titled "My Everything", the record is scheduled to hit the stores on August 25.
One day before her album officially arrives, Grande will perform her new single at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards. The network has announced that the annual event will take place at the renovated, historic "Fabulous" Forum in Inglewood, California.
More Ariana Grande News
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign