Julianne Hough Talks Ryan Seacrest Relationship: 'I Didn't Want to Get Hurt'
Julianne Hough shares her personal reflection on dating in the August issue of Redbook. The dancer/actress thinks she was too afraid in the past. Now that she has learned from past experiences including her relationship with Ryan Seacrest, she is ready to feel love to its complete madness and be less afraid of getting hurt.
Hough had been dating "American Idol" host Seacrest for two years before breaking up in March 2013. Since earlier this year, the "Safe Haven" star has been with hockey player Brooks Laich, claiming that their relationship has been open and honest from day one.
Hough explained the difference between her current relationship and the one she had with Seacrest. She said, "Every relationship, there was nothing wrong or bad, but there was nothing right. I had one foot out because I didn't want to get hurt. And I didn't say what was on my mind because I didn't want to ruffle any feathers. I needed to be perfect."
"But now I'm not holding anything back, because I'd rather get my heart broken than never know what it is to be completely, madly in love," the dancer added.
Looking back to her mistakes, Hough also pondered on what might had happened if things were different in the past. "If I had been this open in my last relationship, who knows?" she said.
Of what changed her, the self-proclaimed feminist said, "I had this epiphany when my family went to a six-day seminar about creating your own destiny. I was not into it at first, but I learned so much about myself and why my relationships didn't work that by the end I was on a high."
The next day, her "Curve" co-star introduced her to Laich. Hough believed it couldn't have been a better time.
More Julianne Hough News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding