'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Featurette Teases the 'Most Ambitious' First Episode
"The Walking Dead" is not returning until this fall, but fans can get a sneak peek at the upcoming fifth season through some newly-released featurettes. Taking viewers behind the scenes of the hit series, one of the videos shows the cast and crew on the first day of filming for the new season.
Star Andrew Lincoln says the season opener is the "most ambitious first episode" they've ever attempted. Norman Reedus gushes, "It's one of those scripts that every couple of pages you're just like, 'Oh my God,' and you have to put it down for a second and you have to just think about it," while Steven Yeun calls it "a great welcome to the season."
Executive producer Robert Kirkman adds that season 5 will "hit the ground running" and "that we definitely start this season in an up cycle." Another cast member, Chad Coleman, uses the word "Wow" to describe the first episode.
On what season 5 has to offer to audience, Lincoln teases, "It's gonna be messy, it's gonna be brutal. It's gonna be thrilling." He additionally reveals that in the upcoming chapter, everyone has to figure out their place in the group.
The second video features the cast and executive producers sharing their favorite explosions, zombie kills, and more from the past seasons.
Those who missed the first four seasons of the zombie drama series can catch up with the story before the season 5 premiere as AMC has announced the "Dead, White & Blue" weekend, during which it will air seasons one through four of the show starting Friday, July 4 at 9 A.M.
More The Walking Dead News
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child
- Naughty Ashley Graham Flaunts Major Cleavage While Dancing in Sexy Lingerie
- Kygo Releases Heartbreaking Video for 'It Ain't Me' Ft. Selena Gomez
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Features Shocking Elimination on 'Boy Bands and Girl Groups' Night
- See the Bonding Between Characters in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Featurette
- Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Flaunt Beach Bodies in Skimpy Bikinis During Mexican Trip
- Mel B Claims Stephen Belafonte Is Involved in Porn Industry