5 Seconds of Summer Shows Vulnerable Side in 'Amnesia' Lyric Video
5 Seconds of Summer celebrated the arrival of their self-titled debut album, "5 Seconds of Summer", by unwrapping the lyric video for their "Amnesia". Shot in black-and-white, the clip finds the band's members looking heartbroken as the song's lyrics are projected onto their faces.
The lads, Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood and Ashton Irwin, appear in front of a white backdrop. The scenes of the guys showing their vulnerable side intersperse with some shots of a messy bedroom.
"Amnesia" is a beautiful but heartbreaking ballad that tells a tale of a young man who wishes to forget about his ex-girlfriend. "I remember the day you told me you were leaving/ I remember the make-up running down your face," they sing in the chorus. "I wish that I could wake up with amnesia/ And forget about the stupid little things/ Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you/ And the memories I never can escape."
5 Seconds of Summer's first full-length is scheduled to hit the stores in the U.S. on July 22. The album has also been preceded by two singles, "She Looks So Perfect" and "Don't Stop".
5 Seconds of Summer's "Amnesia" lyric video
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival