5 Seconds of Summer Shows Vulnerable Side in 'Amnesia' Lyric Video
5 Seconds of Summer celebrated the arrival of their self-titled debut album, "5 Seconds of Summer", by unwrapping the lyric video for their "Amnesia". Shot in black-and-white, the clip finds the band's members looking heartbroken as the song's lyrics are projected onto their faces.
The lads, Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood and Ashton Irwin, appear in front of a white backdrop. The scenes of the guys showing their vulnerable side intersperse with some shots of a messy bedroom.
"Amnesia" is a beautiful but heartbreaking ballad that tells a tale of a young man who wishes to forget about his ex-girlfriend. "I remember the day you told me you were leaving/ I remember the make-up running down your face," they sing in the chorus. "I wish that I could wake up with amnesia/ And forget about the stupid little things/ Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you/ And the memories I never can escape."
5 Seconds of Summer's first full-length is scheduled to hit the stores in the U.S. on July 22. The album has also been preceded by two singles, "She Looks So Perfect" and "Don't Stop".
5 Seconds of Summer's "Amnesia" lyric video
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory